Online meetup? May 9/2020 Saturday 10AM?

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
We need a tour of the @kevin.decelles compound;) @RobinHood had a two car garage full of machines he was restoring when I was last thereo_O , and a mill that would knock your socks off. A video tour would be entertaining...… What about a live video demo of @CalgaryPT 's RC lawn mower and a shop tour?

Last edited:

Bofobo

M,Mizera(BOFOBO)
We need a tour of the @kevin.decelles compound;) @RobinHood had a two car garage full of machines he was restoring when I was last thereo_O , and a mill that would knock your socks off. A video tour would be entertaining...… What about a live video demo of @CalgaryPT 's RC lawn mower and a shop tour?
Video is the only way to get a tour of that shop, it’s like a mine, there is a place to walk but the work is on the wall

Bofobo

M,Mizera(BOFOBO)
may Long I won’t be participating, might do the 9th though, I could possibly host a work spaces segment, or work on getting my foundry going for it .... if I can figure out a suitable observation location

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
John, I can do a quick compound tour and I have some works in progress that I can show (sand muller / vert bandsaw)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
may Long I won’t be participating, might do the 9th though, I could possibly host a work spaces segment, or work on getting my foundry going for it .... if I can figure out a suitable observation location
Woops i thought may long was the next weekend because in Ontario we call it the may two for weekend. I can do the 24th.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
ok I think Kevin and I can do the 9th and Alex can do 24th - and I'll see if I can rope in another for the 24th.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
ok I have a number of people signed up in the Discord forum - I'll host a brief test at 2PM Today Sunday May 3 - hopefully some people can sign in and we can check multiple people video cast.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
I'd say the test went well. I had great AV. Need to find a camera and mic I guess. I wonder if Best Buy is open these days?

Craig

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member

ok let me see if I can get set up with a trial video chat with @Janger or Craig, early next week perhaps...

there is a new addition to “feed the monster” ( to quote James Kilroy)... it is a hefty one...

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
@YYCHobbyMachinist Memory express is open, and it is where I bought my USB camera./mic. Most of their web cams are out of stock, so 7$ is their cheapest option. Try London Drugs as an alternate supplier.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
@YYCHobbyMachinist Memory express is open, and it is where I bought my USB camera./mic. Most of their web cams are out of stock, so 7$ is their cheapest option. Try London Drugs as an alternate supplier.

Where are you seeing a $7 webcam? The least expensive one I found on the BB website is $25 and that's a back order item. Memory Express appeared to be sold out of everything. Webcams must be a hot item these days. Haven't checked London Drugs.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
70$ is the cheapest anywhere.

That sounds about right and I'm kind of surprised they are that expensive. The least expensive I found on Amazon was $15, but I wouldn't see it until June.

In any event, I just realized the wife's laptop has a camera and mic. I'll use that for the 9th meetup.

Last edited:

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
@Janger Got this strange Discord email. Any idea what this is about????

Hey YYCHM,
Discord was poppin off while you were away! Here's some highlights:

@janger

janger
Just on a ladder right now​

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I think you tried to voice chat with me on discord - it actually rang my phone and yes I was up on a ladder in the shed so I didn't answer.

Crosche

Super User
Count me in on a virtual meeting. I use Discord for gaming voice chat; I wasn't aware that it supported video as well.