• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Online meetup? May 9/2020 Saturday 10AM?

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
We need a tour of the @kevin.decelles compound;) @RobinHood had a two car garage full of machines he was restoring when I was last thereo_O , and a mill that would knock your socks off. A video tour would be entertaining...… What about a live video demo of @CalgaryPT 's RC lawn mower and a shop tour?

Last edited:

Bofobo

M,Mizera(BOFOBO)
We need a tour of the @kevin.decelles compound;) @RobinHood had a two car garage full of machines he was restoring when I was last thereo_O , and a mill that would knock your socks off. A video tour would be entertaining...… What about a live video demo of @CalgaryPT 's RC lawn mower and a shop tour?
Video is the only way to get a tour of that shop, it’s like a mine, there is a place to walk but the work is on the wall

Bofobo

M,Mizera(BOFOBO)
may Long I won’t be participating, might do the 9th though, I could possibly host a work spaces segment, or work on getting my foundry going for it .... if I can figure out a suitable observation location

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
John, I can do a quick compound tour and I have some works in progress that I can show (sand muller / vert bandsaw)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
may Long I won’t be participating, might do the 9th though, I could possibly host a work spaces segment, or work on getting my foundry going for it .... if I can figure out a suitable observation location
Woops i thought may long was the next weekend because in Ontario we call it the may two for weekend. I can do the 24th.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
ok I think Kevin and I can do the 9th and Alex can do 24th - and I'll see if I can rope in another for the 24th.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
ok I have a number of people signed up in the Discord forum - I'll host a brief test at 2PM Today Sunday May 3 - hopefully some people can sign in and we can check multiple people video cast.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
I'd say the test went well. I had great AV. Need to find a camera and mic I guess. I wonder if Best Buy is open these days?

Craig

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member

ok let me see if I can get set up with a trial video chat with @Janger or Craig, early next week perhaps...

there is a new addition to “feed the monster” ( to quote James Kilroy)... it is a hefty one...

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
@YYCHobbyMachinist Memory express is open, and it is where I bought my USB camera./mic. Most of their web cams are out of stock, so 7$ is their cheapest option. Try London Drugs as an alternate supplier.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
@YYCHobbyMachinist Memory express is open, and it is where I bought my USB camera./mic. Most of their web cams are out of stock, so 7$ is their cheapest option. Try London Drugs as an alternate supplier.

Where are you seeing a $7 webcam? The least expensive one I found on the BB website is $25 and that's a back order item. Memory Express appeared to be sold out of everything. Webcams must be a hot item these days. Haven't checked London Drugs.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
70$ is the cheapest anywhere.

That sounds about right and I'm kind of surprised they are that expensive. The least expensive I found on Amazon was $15, but I wouldn't see it until June.

In any event, I just realized the wife's laptop has a camera and mic. I'll use that for the 9th meetup.

Last edited:

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
@Janger Got this strange Discord email. Any idea what this is about????

Hey YYCHM,
Discord was poppin off while you were away! Here's some highlights:

@janger

janger
Just on a ladder right now​

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I think you tried to voice chat with me on discord - it actually rang my phone and yes I was up on a ladder in the shed so I didn't answer.

Crosche

Super User
Count me in on a virtual meeting. I use Discord for gaming voice chat; I wasn't aware that it supported video as well.