• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

New old member in Calgary

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
In the classifieds the 'Edit' function dies after a while and that's a problem because of course we want to be able to update our ads in, for instance, the case where buyers have asked questions not addressed in the listing.
Also, we need to be able to delete our ads when the goods are sold, or scrub the original text and put 'Sold' in place so that buyers don't think the item has mysteriously vanished. It's a courtesy to those with an interest.

Edit link dies? I’ve never seen that. How did that happen? Shouldn’t ... I’ve done a bunch of ad editing recently - I didn’t see that problem. Not saying it didn’t Bill just can’t reproduce it.

Both of those have to do with this:

http://canadianhobbymetalworkers.com/account/upgrades

Current Premium Member benefits:
  • Access to the premium members only forums. Included here is a "Lend a Tool" Tool Library where premium members make available their equipment to each other.
  • Your contributions really do help to keep this forum alive to be a resource for all.
  • Highlight your contribution with a premium member badge under avatar
  • Include images in signature
  • Include links in signature
  • Include lists in signature
  • No limits on signatures. (Number of links, etc.)
  • Delete full threads that you created
  • Edit full thread titles after 4 hours have passed
  • Edit posts after 4 hours have passed
  • Delete posts after 4 hours have passed
  • Delete your profile posts
  • Edit your profile posts
  • Add up to 5 participants to a conversation to help with group projects
  • Upload attachments to conversations for group project file sharing
Will have to put some thought towards the classifieds section.
--> I've never been a fan of allowing deletion of content, as it breaks the conversation for future viewers, makes all subsequent replies potentially invalid / nonsensical, but in this context it does make more sense.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
I've added some SOLD text to your ads now, while I mull this over. Please check and confirm I got that all correct. Thanks!

JW