• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

New addition

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
A few photos from yesterday was able to get everything downstairs without incident. The main assemblies come apart easily and it is a dream to work on, I was able to tumble and slide the stand and the bed down the stairs, the hardest part for me was the headstock a bit of an awkward carry with its size and weight and my stubbornness to do it in one shot. Quick inspections of the gear boxes look good with nice clean oil.
I am going to do some clean up, wd-40 and a selection of brushes seems to take most of it off so far and I didn't notice anything that needs repair so clean and reassemble is the plan. The design and build of this lathe is so interesting such a simple layout but such ingenious ideas built in like offsetting the bolts on the compound dial to allow the tapered gib, the qcgb provides another level of feeds with the coarse fine lever and the layout of the ways and apron and tailstock to allow more travel.
I can't wait till I get excited to have this lathe;).

IMG_5579.JPG
IMG_5581.JPG
IMG_5585.JPG IMG_5588.JPG IMG_5591.JPG IMG_5594.JPG
I have a kerosene heater for the few times I heat up the garage in the winter and yesterday was one of those days, so we decided to put up the redneck ceiling fan to spread that heat out:)
IMG_5596.JPG