• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

My first stem engine build

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Sign into YouTube, click on YouTube Studio, click on Upload Video. See if you can get this far. They've updated the process a bit and I know it is frustrating if you've never done it before. The videos online that show how to do this are outdated and sometimes you just can't find the darn button you need to. I feel your pain.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Yes it is -- but you need to switch the video from private to public so we can all see it. One last step...

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Is that ever neat!!! I'm going to have to try building one now. Nice Job:)

Could you plumb it for steam and run it that way?

Last edited:

Marc Moreau

Marc Moreau
[QUOTE = "Brian H, post: 20845, membre: 997"] Voici le lien pour la vidéo youtube. J'espère que je l'ai bien fait et vous pouvez le regarder

[MEDIA = youtube] EgKECO1jJ0Q [/ MEDIA] [/ QUOTE]
Super nice

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Keeping with the theme...here is a video of a tiny wobbler and its' boiler I made a while back. 1/4" bore x 1/2" stroke.
You can skip to the 40 second mark as not much happens until then. Please forgive the poor camera skills and the idiot droning on in the background. The smell of the burner and steam and oil mix really adds to the experience!

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
You'd love my power hacksaw. I find it mesmerizing. Sounds like a locomotive and tends to walk all over the place if you don't block it into a corner with something LOL.
I remember those from my Junior High School years. You're right, there is something about those machines that is mesmerizing. Plus they resemble a steam locomotion with that reciprocal motion. I love stuff like that.

Last edited:

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
I remember those from my Junior High School years. You're right, there is something about those machines that is mesmerizing. Plus they resemble a steam locomotion with that reciprocal motive. I love stuff like that.

Yup JHS shop. The PHS and Shaper. Don't recollect anything to do with a metal lathe for some reason, unless maybe it was some knurling?

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
In rural Saskatchewan we had an amazing JHS. We made knives, go-carts, Coleman stoves replicas etc.

First rule was that you had to go to the drafting lab and draw your schematics and produce a bill of materials

We had a mill that was used to machine brass for the guards/hilts on the knives . I watch forged in fire and laugh at how nice they have it. We were only allowed power tools to hog out the rough shape of the knife. No power sander after that, only filing

And hand sanding.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Ahhhh… the plans for the WigWag are in mm. Are there inch size plans available?

Trying to size out the stock required in inches is proving to be a challenge!

Craig

Last edited:

Brian H

Super User
Keeping with the theme...here is a video of a tiny wobbler and its' boiler I made a while back. 1/4" bore x 1/2" stroke.
You can skip to the 40 second mark as not much happens until then. Please forgive the poor camera skills and the idiot droning on in the background. The smell of the burner and steam and oil mix really adds to the experience!

I think that's awesome. Did you find working on such a small scale to be difficult? I am very intrigued by miniatures but wasn't sure my skills were up to the task.