• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Metal Rods for sale

Jimbojones

I also have some dowel pins; only a few fractional diameters but if someone is looking for 3/16, 1/4, 5/16...might have those.

I can also order most other things but all that needs to be prepaid and many folks would rather check out on-hand items.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Hi @Janger
it's rated as 0-1 tool steel (oil hardened) ; here's some addition info I found on it
O-1 Tool Steel.

Maybe what Janger is wondering: do you mean 'oil hardened' or 'oil harden-able'. Typically people refer to drill rod as annealed form - you machine, then quench harden by whatever type, oil/water/air, then temper to Rn. BTW not to deter your local offer but 1/2"dia USA brand retails on KBC link for $13.10 for 36" length.

Attachments

• SNAG-1-24-2017 0000.jpg
    SNAG-1-24-2017 0000.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 4

Jimbojones

they use different part #'s to signify the type so they appear to be differently made rods. I know they can be used as-is e.g. dowels so there is some hardening already done.

KBC price on them is v.good and always good to shop around. I get sticks...they may buy bundles. They need to ship to Calgary...mine are already here. Their price shipped for 1 stick is $22. but they wont allow it because min. order is $25. 2 sticks from them is $35...almost the same price as mine. 3 sticks and more become notably cheaper with them but now you're spending $50+...if you want to spend that much/buy multiples, I'll sharpen my pencil.