Metal Rods for sale

Jimbojones

I also have some dowel pins; only a few fractional diameters but if someone is looking for 3/16, 1/4, 5/16...might have those.

I can also order most other things but all that needs to be prepaid and many folks would rather check out on-hand items.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Hi @Janger
it's rated as 0-1 tool steel (oil hardened) ; here's some addition info I found on it
O-1 Tool Steel.

Maybe what Janger is wondering: do you mean 'oil hardened' or 'oil harden-able'. Typically people refer to drill rod as annealed form - you machine, then quench harden by whatever type, oil/water/air, then temper to Rn. BTW not to deter your local offer but 1/2"dia USA brand retails on KBC link for $13.10 for 36" length.

Attachments

• SNAG-1-24-2017 0000.jpg
    SNAG-1-24-2017 0000.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 4

Jimbojones

they use different part #'s to signify the type so they appear to be differently made rods. I know they can be used as-is e.g. dowels so there is some hardening already done.

KBC price on them is v.good and always good to shop around. I get sticks...they may buy bundles. They need to ship to Calgary...mine are already here. Their price shipped for 1 stick is $22. but they wont allow it because min. order is $25. 2 sticks from them is $35...almost the same price as mine. 3 sticks and more become notably cheaper with them but now you're spending $50+...if you want to spend that much/buy multiples, I'll sharpen my pencil.