Membership Expiry Info Not Showing

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Anyone else not showing their membership expiry info at the bottom of the Account Upgrade page?

I've tried both Firefox and Chromium but neither shows the info, also all ad blocking and restrictions have been turned off so I'm trying to figure out if it's just me or if others are having the same issue.

Thanks

@YotaBota my expiry date doesn't show so your not alone although it was there a month ago when I reenewed.

Up at 12.15 am March 1st 2024 watering the horse, decided to double check my account upgrade page again. Scrolling to the bottom and sure enough it's there. Me thinks I've got egg on my face for not scrolling down far enough. Gosh darn. LOL

Last edited:

Manfred

Premium Member
I would like to renew my membership. Only reason I know it expired is that it doesn't show me as a member anymore.

Issue I have that system automatically defaults to paypal. Does that mean the forum sees less of the money than if I pay on my Visa directly?

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I would like to renew my membership. Only reason I know it expired is that it doesn't show me as a member anymore.

Issue I have that system automatically defaults to paypal. Does that mean the forum sees less of the money than if I pay on my Visa directly?

Hey Manfred, nice to meet you in person yesterday.

Yes, there is a very slight cost to us for using PayPal to process payments. But it would be much more using other alternatives and/or inconvenient as hell done manually.

When you use PayPal, you can also choose to do a credit card payment. It gets handled by PayPal but they don't see your card details. Either way, the forum doesnt see anything.

PM me if you want more specific help. I can even call you if you want.

Manfred

Premium Member
My membership also expired and I didn't get an email to that effect either.

Also, when I go through the motions to pay for renewal the system goes to paypal. I'm happy to pay by Visa direct as I suspect paypal would get a cut and the forum, less. I don't seem to be able to change the default.

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
My membership info updated as soon as I paid with PayPal.

I don't know how much trouble it is to update membership/payments outside of PP but I'd like to see e-transfer as an option. It can be setup to auto accept the payment but then the payment info will still need to be updated by someone.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
You can also pay by credit card through PayPal. Select PayPal to pay and then select a credit card. PayPal will process the transaction but we don't see your details. I like it like that.

Direct payments wouldn't work. It would take an employee to handle it. We are not that big or that complex.

You can always PM a moderator to get help signing up or renewing. There is usually a way where there is a will.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Sorry about the repeat. I understand that paying by paypal is easier for the forum and will happily do so. Thank you for the clarification.

No sweat Manfred. It's not meant to make work for members in order to save work for the admin. It's supposed to be a win win. The admin are always willing to help individual members one on one.

Larry_C9

Super User
Premium Member
I had a different thing happen and was about to ask what was going on. I have tried two or three times over the last couple of weeks to renew my membership but keep getting the message This organization is not accepting donations right now? Oh and I haven't been getting any e-mails from the forum for a while.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I had a different thing happen and was about to ask what was going on.

Hi Larry,

This is just a note to let you know that we are trying to figure out what is happening.

Your anniversary date is March 25th. So your premium membership is expired and you should be able to upgrade anytime you want.

No idea about your email. I'll send you a test email. Check for it around lunch time and let me know if you got it.

I can't explain the donation refusal. Perhaps you are not upgrading and simply trying to donate. I don't think we have a simple donation feature which would explain the error.

Open your profile and simply try to upgrade to a premium membership. Let us know how that goes.

Larry_C9

Super User
Premium Member
Hi Larry,

This is just a note to let you know that we are trying to figure out what is happening.

Your anniversary date is March 25th. So your premium membership is expired and you should be able to upgrade anytime you want.

No idea about your email. I'll send you a test email. Check for it around lunch time and let me know if you got it.

I can't explain the donation refusal. Perhaps you are not upgrading and simply trying to donate. I don't think we have a simple donation feature which would explain the error.

Open your profile and simply try to upgrade to a premium membership. Let us know how that goes.
Thanks John, I didn't know who John was so deleted the e-mail before coming here. Got to be super careful with all the scammers around these days. I did get an notification e-mail that brought me here so that is working. I will try the upgrade and let you know.

Larry_C9

Super User
Premium Member
I went back and had another look. Right at the bottom under Purchased upgrades it says basic contribution Expires Apr. 16, 2024.
You can't seem to renew there and everything else is for monthly contributions. I would like to make an annual contribution like I did before and the Donation section isn't working.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
I went back and had another look. Right at the bottom under Purchased upgrades it says basic contribution Expires Apr. 16, 2024.
You can't seem to renew there and everything else is for monthly contributions. I would like to make an annual contribution like I did before and the Donation section isn't working.

You have to let your current annual membership expire before you can purchase another annual membership. I ran into this issue as well.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Thanks Craig, I will wait a couple more days and try again.

@YYCHM is correct. Wait till the purchased upgrades disappears. Then you can buy the upgrade.

Please don't use the "Donate" option.

Glad your E-mail notifications are working again.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Does that mean the forum sees less of the money than if I pay on my Visa directly?
On this end, Paypal's fees are very similar to other merchant processors (like stripe, etc.) which would be the alternative if we wanted to take credit cards directly. Paypal's are marginally more, like around 1% different if my memory serves, but in exchange, the forum, doesn't have to handle credit card information, which is well worth the small cost difference.

Just so everyone knows the logic on this!

JW