• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Membership Expiry Info Not Showing

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Anyone else not showing their membership expiry info at the bottom of the Account Upgrade page?

I've tried both Firefox and Chromium but neither shows the info, also all ad blocking and restrictions have been turned off so I'm trying to figure out if it's just me or if others are having the same issue.

Thanks

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Anyone else not showing their membership expiry info at the bottom of the Account Upgrade page?

I've tried both Firefox and Chromium but neither shows the info, also all ad blocking and restrictions have been turned off so I'm trying to figure out if it's just me or if others are having the same issue.

Thanks

Looks OK to me. Win10/Chrome

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Mine shows up fine on my Android, my laptop (win10 /Chrome) and my desktop (win10/Chrome)

Maybe pm me a screen shot?

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
As requested.

1708829791396.png

I've gone thru all my settings but nothing makes the expiry line appear.
I called my tech support, "Honey, my puters broke!" lol, she's a web app programmer and she doesn't find anything in our settings that would block that one thing on the page so might be something in the background of my profile.
Barring that I'll just have to wait for my membership to expire and then renew.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
@YotaBota I looked behind the scenes and it shows you are a Bronze member but I'm not sure why it doesn't show your status

Last edited:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I've gone thru all my settings but nothing makes the expiry line appear.
I called my tech support, "Honey, my puters broke!" lol, she's a web app programmer and she doesn't find anything in our settings that would block that one thing on the page so might be something in the background of my profile.

I looked through it too. I didn't see anything in your profile or settings either.

There is one tiny detail worth looking at though.

The expiry info is actually not at the bottom of the box you showed in your screen shot. It's really in another box below that box.

When I look at your screen shot, the scroll bar isn't at the very bottom. So you might not have scrolled down far enough to reach the new box. It's a really really really long shot but still worth a look.

Also, what happens when you use a different computer or a tablet or a cell phone?

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Here is another shot scrolled all the way down,

1708839805628.png

I've tried two different laptops and a NUC PC with two different Linux loads with the same results.

I have always paid as a basic member never a bronze so I don't know what that's about.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
The system seems to know that you are a premium member. Does your existing donation level show up as one of the choices at the top of that window? It should not show if things are working correctly. It will show if you are past your donation anniversary date.

I tried logging in to my other accounts on here. I have several so I can test other account features. The only one that doesn't show my renewal date like yours doesn't, is the one where I didn't donate at all.

Do you even vaguely recall what your anniversary date might be?

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
The Admins don't have access to the payment portal - at least I don't. And I prefer it that way.

You have showed us the middle and bottom of that upgrade screen. Could I beg for the top part too?

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I stumbled on this thread because i was wondering about the cost to be a Premium member and also when my Premium membership renewal was due. I can’t find that info.

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
I had to go back in the bookkeeping to find when I renewed.

Here's what you see at the bottom of the "Account Upgrade" page.

1709235624102.png

CWret

Ultra Member
Premium Member
OK - thanks. Found the button for "Account Upgrades / Donate to support the Forum"
But I still don't see when I should renew.
Also - I'm shown as a Premium Member. That's because I made a Bronze contribution ($150) - So If someone makes a Silver or Gold contribution, are they also shown similarly as a Premium Member?

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
OK - thanks. Found the button for "Account Upgrades / Donate to support the Forum"
But I still don't see when I should renew.
Also - I'm shown as a Premium Member. That's because I made a Bronze contribution ($150) - So If someone makes a Silver or Gold contribution, are they also shown similarly as a Premium Member?

Premium Member just indicates that you upgraded to a paid membership. It doesn't reflect the level of paid membership.