Tool Let's Get This Started - Tool Test Tuesday

Tool

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
At US$120, it's not cheap; and it probably has the same issue as I have with my US$13 Fosmon - needs to be re-paired periodically, even if the power hasn't been out:

View attachment 46789

UPDATE: After making this post, I decided to reach out to the Amazon Seller for the Fosmon unit I purchased in March of 2019 (5 years ago) to ask about a replacement since they have a "Limited Lifetime Warranty:" I sent my message via Amazon at 9:42am, received a reply at 10:18am asking for my contact info so they can send a replacement; I didn't see their message until 10:35am, sent them my info at 10:38am and just received (10:45am) their acknowledge meant that a replacement will be on it's way. Granted it's a one-time replacement, but I'm definitely impressed: although Milwaukee has a 3-year warranty on their switch, and I could buy (US$18) a 2-year HD warranty to take it to 5 years total, after 5 years & one month I'd be out of luck.

Wyze power adapter. $40. control from your phone. needs wifi.

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
Shhhhh......

Don't say stuff like that out loud! If he reads that, it could go to his head, and it will get so big he will start to think he actually IS some guy!

I am SomeGuy lol always have been, always will be!

Honestly though, once in a while my videos get picked up and shared by places you'd never expect...Haynes manuals for instance once shared on their socials my garage tour video, such a random thing. Also have worked with channels like Torque Test Channel and FunkFPV who have shared my stuff. It's kind of exciting when it happens :)

ChazzC

At US$120, it's not cheap; and it probably has the same issue as I have with my US$13 Fosmon - needs to be re-paired periodically, even if the power hasn't been out:

View attachment 46789

UPDATE: After making this post, I decided to reach out to the Amazon Seller for the Fosmon unit I purchased in March of 2019 (5 years ago) to ask about a replacement since they have a "Limited Lifetime Warranty:" I sent my message via Amazon at 9:42am, received a reply at 10:18am asking for my contact info so they can send a replacement; I didn't see their message until 10:35am, sent them my info at 10:38am and just received (10:45am) their acknowledge meant that a replacement will be on it's way. Granted it's a one-time replacement, but I'm definitely impressed: although Milwaukee has a 3-year warranty on their switch, and I could buy (US$18) a 2-year HD warranty to take it to 5 years total, after 5 years & one month I'd be out of luck.
UPDATE: I got the replacement Receiver Monday. It paired quickly and so far is working flawlessly. It does lose pairing if the power is out, but that's to be expected.