• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Knee replacement surgery

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Welcome young feller.

Young feller I wish, over the past 33 months I've been put through the wringers so to speak. If anything it taught me just haw fragile life can be at anytime without guarantees. Thankfully I have a loving wife of 62 years, and family members who watched out for us. One's faith and the skills of my surgeon are paramount. Thanks to everyone for your kind support and encouragement.

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Great to hear things are progressing, even if it is slow 'tis better than the alternative. So what are you doing on the computer at 2:19 am?

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Great to hear things are progressing, even if it is slow 'tis better than the alternative. So what are you doing on the computer at 2:19 am?

Actually I don't get a full nights sleep between the discomfort in my knee and watering my horse. So one might find me at my computer
anytime during the night. As I heal hopefully that will change for the better.

Tom O

Ultra Member
Bingo we have a Winner!
To be fair I have tried off and on to sleep earlier but after a lifetime of night shifts it just seems wrong Unless it’s a special occasion like bacon and eggs.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Knee update, yesterday was my second full month post surgery. On the 9th of September I complained to my surgeon that I couldn't meet or cope with the therapy program she had me on. Then he dropped another bomb saying, I was on the table for 3 1/2 hours, he also cleaned up the scar tissue from my first three surgeries. That he also repaired a tear in my Patella Tendon (apparently now anchored with sutures) this was unknown to me and my therapist so I should go very easy. He gave me a letter to share my therapist and she just about fell off her stool on the 15th September. The program I was on was totally wrong for my condition so I was downgraded to baby steps, consequently therapy for me goes very slow.

On a brighter note this morning I returned my bath tub bench ( so I could shower sitting) and walker on loan from Saskabilities in Regina, now that makes for a much happier old codger to have them gone. So there you have it the latest, check out attached picture.

PatellaTendon2.png

Last edited:

Marc Moreau

Marc Moreau
UPDATE - Monday 26, July 6pm I was admitted to the Pasqua hospital Regina for my forth knee surgery in my right leg with the first being November 15, 2018.

Was released yesterday after lunch retuning home to MJ around 3pm after picking up my new meds (pain killers & blood thinners). Have been in bed until now hopefully my recovery will go well.
Mine was done june 26 year 2020 still painful a bit but I could do all I want and it dose not more painful . You be fine

Brent H

Ultra Member
Holy Smoke @Dusty Bill!!!

Wow - good thing you discussed the issues - hopefully that will settle things out for you and get the development on track! Go Bill Go!!

Tom O

Ultra Member
Yeah it’s a good thing to ask I went in to get the gall bladder removed but the next time I had a ultrasound they told me the gall bladder had stones. I told them that’s amazing because it was taken out … it turns out they only took a part of it but then why did they leave the stones?

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Holy Smoke @Dusty Bill!!!

Wow - good thing you discussed the issues - hopefully that will settle things out for you and get the development on track! Go Bill Go!!

I'm a persistent sort of guy so I'm not going to let this hiccup slow me down. It's really a time thing so I'm up for it. Bottom line know your surgeon and don't be afraid to ask questions or complain, doctors understand.

Last edited: