• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Knee replacement surgery

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Hello and thanks to everyone for their good wishes. Yesterday was my first month anniversary post surgery with things moving forward somewhat slow. Knee recovery is swollen and stiff even with my first stage therapy. Presently using a cold pack/compression device which really helps.

https://www.breg.com/products/cold-therapy/devices/polar-care-wave/

Lost some weight have little appetite but that will return. Basically I'm feeling like I've just turned the corner so to speak although it will take additional time thanks to my good wife and furry nurse.

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
I've been wondering how you are doing, hard to believe it's been a month already.
All the best and stay safe young feller.

francist

Super User
Good to hear, Bill. I’m glad things seem to heading the right way, albeit a bit slower than you’d probably like. Hang in there.

-frank

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Good to hear that the knee is progressing, even if it is slow. I used a cold pump similar to the one you have after my shoulder was repaired. Works awesome.

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
Good to hear you are making the turn ….. at least the riders are doing well….. 3-0 to start 2021 ! And Calgary is in the toilet ! Good reasons to get out of bed every day

Take it easy, go slow. I’m fighting little problems in comparison (shoulders — bursitis , etc ) and the best medicine is to DO NOTHING and let it heal

Which is tough when what makes you happy is wrangling heavy antique machines out of buildings

Rest up and keep posting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Update - presently ending my sixth week post surgery having been to the Pasqua hospital Regina this morning for x-rays and a powwow with my surgeon. Firstly I would like to sincerely thank the kind well wishers and friends who encouraged me to keep my chin up and stay the course.

Feeling much better with my apatite and strength returning, therapy is another issue largely due to my stiff knee and swelling. Surgeon says I could be six months or more before my knee mobility returns so I can drive safely. Completely understand what he's saying here. Key reasons for my stiffness is my not being allowed therapy with having temporary antibiotic parts install after my third surgery. Doctor also mentioned I was on the table for 3-1/2 hours while he did his thing removing much scar tissue from my previous three surgeries. Makes sense to me. No longer using my walker and back to my cane, that's a plus.

So there you have it guys straight from this old codger's mouth, shall keep plugging along and win this battle yet. LOL

Play safe! Bill

Last edited:

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Update - presently ending my sixth week post surgery having been to the Pasqua hospital Regina this morning for x-rays and a powwow with my surgeon. Firstly I would like to sincerely thank the kind well wishers and friends who encouraged me to keep my chin up and stay the course.

Feeling much better with my apatite and strength returning, therapy is another issue largely due to my stiff knee and swelling. Surgeon says I could be six months or more before my knee mobility returns so I can drive safely. Completely understand what he's saying here. Key reasons for my stiffness is my not being allowed therapy with having temporary antibiotic parts install after my third surgery. Doctor also mentioned I was on the table for 3-1/2 hours while he did his thing removing much scar tissue from my previous three surgeries. Makes sense to me. No longer using my walker and back to my cane, that's a plus.

So there you have it guys straight from this old codger's mouth, shall keep plugging along and win this battle yet. LOL

Play safe! Bill
We're all expecting a waterfall of impressive projects coming from your shop with all this recovery time to burn ;):p;):p

Keep going Bill. Best wishes.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Was out in our attached garage/shop this morning chasing buggered threads for a friend. That worked and he went away happy thinking I was a genius of sorts. Glad I could help, felt awesome to get out there for 1/2 an hour.