• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Just joined

Luckykid

Barry
Shop Overview: 1963 13” Southbend lathe, 1979 Millrite MVN knee mill, 1972 Rockwell-Delta 17-600 drill press. 1941 Dunlap/Sears drill press. Lots of tooling as well. Almost everything was obtained through East Coast USA connections that I made over the years. Even the big stuff!

Retired from academic and trades jobs now, I restore and, when necessary, make new parts for old things. I like to work with stainless steel, either 303 or 316, aluminum, and Delrin. I have done some CNC using mills with PC based controllers (like ANILAM). I don’t know any local home-shop machinists, but any locals who want to come over for a coffee are welcome. I am happy to be a part of your group.