• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Just joined

Luckykid

Barry
I'll try to say more John. I'm new to forums.
Shop Overview: 1963 13” Southbend lathe, 1979 Millrite MVN knee mill (new when I got it), 1972, Rockwell-Delta 17-600 drill press. 1941 Dunlap/Sears drill press (Grandfather’s). Tooling includes Buck, Southbend, Skinner, and Yuasa chucks. Yuasa indexers, X-Y table, and rotary table. Mitutoyo DR (for mill) and measuring tools. Lots of Starrett, including Starrett 98 Machinists Level; storage in Kennedy boxes. Baldor VSD (for mill). Servo (mill) power feed. 6” Brown and Sharp and 6” Curt milling vises (with rotary tables). Royal/Southbend lathe collet system. Bridgeport end mill holders and-R8 collets. Sunstrand bench centers. Victor three-angle vise #5819 (weights a ton). This and more, all sourced from East Coast USA sources that I worked with over the years.

I get involved in all sorts of odd projects. I help a local Harley restorer fit cam bushing. I do the OD’s using an arbor on the lathe, he uses a hone to finish the ID’s. I’ve done several vintage pickup truck side mount spare brackets, and I help a local Indian Motorcycle electrical restorer with machining necessary for generator and distributor rebuilds. Another project, done for the local university, was to make a system that would position an ultra-sound probe against a subject speaker’s throat to allow making moving pictures of the vocal tract. It had to be a stable system, so I used a heavy drill press base and column/rack/crank with attached adjustable stainless-steel rods and clamps. The probe is mounted spring-loaded in a fibreglass/epoxy holder and connected to the electronic parts of the system. The two-piece probe holder (clamp) was made in a mold that I built. (I have worked in the composite business and like using epoxies.) I have attached a couple of pictures showing the system and me demonstrating it’s operation.

Barry

Attachments

• adjusting-apparatus-IMG_6133.jpg
    adjusting-apparatus-IMG_6133.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6137.JPG
    IMG_6137.JPG
    329.5 KB · Views: 6