• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Just able to revisit the forum, missed it immensely

Crosche

Super User
Wishing you a speedy recovery and much joy & happiness with your new lease on life. Glad to see you back on the forum.

Cheers,

Chad

historicalarms

Ultra Member
Oh yeah that would be aligning the stars to have that happen. I’m gonna try to go to an Ontario match, hopefully the “easterners” show me a good time :p
I know there are some very active Cowboy ranges/clubs in Ontario now , I'm just not sure which ones are close to your base Dave. I will start an enquiry on CGN....I know I was told where your base is but refresh my memory for me pls.

You are right that having a range weekend coincide with your trips west is the only reason we wouldn't have you to a shoot. The "cowboy way" that most clubs across North America adhere to is that if a new interest shows up at a shoot, club members will do everything in their power to outfit the person with equipment & ammo to "giv'er a try" before spending a lot of money beforehand. First time shooters are always given a "mentor" that will supervise & ensure safe gun handling procedures are fallowed to the strictest letter so everybody remains safe even if they have never fire a gun before.
Hope you make it out to one Dave....or anybody else that has an interest for that matter.

historicalarms

Ultra Member
I would imagine Doug and his wife could put on a real good demo in their back 40:p
I'm distressed that we didn't do that on one of your trips Dave Sorry man. I'm sure we can find a target or two laying around;)

My recovery is progressing slowly by my measurements but all the medical staff I have access to are very pleased where I'm at now....went for my first walk outside around the yard yesterday...found out big time that walking with heavy winter boots & cloths on is much more taxing that 20 minutes of laps around the house with jammies on.LOL

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
I know there are some very active Cowboy ranges/clubs in Ontario now , I'm just not sure which ones are close to your base Dave. I will start an enquiry on CGN....I know I was told where your base is but refresh my memory for me pls.

You are right that having a range weekend coincide with your trips west is the only reason we wouldn't have you to a shoot. The "cowboy way" that most clubs across North America adhere to is that if a new interest shows up at a shoot, club members will do everything in their power to outfit the person with equipment & ammo to "giv'er a try" before spending a lot of money beforehand. First time shooters are always given a "mentor" that will supervise & ensure safe gun handling procedures are fallowed to the strictest letter so everybody remains safe even if they have never fire a gun before.
Hope you make it out to one Dave....or anybody else that has an interest for that matter.
Yep, the SK boys warned me if I was standing around at a match with empty hands someone would put something in them.

I’m close to Guelph ON, I’m going to try to go to one in Burlington, not really close but my interest is piqued, and I need the day off

Chicken lights

I'm distressed that we didn't do that on one of your trips Dave Sorry man. I'm sure we can find a target or two laying around;)

My recovery is progressing slowly by my measurements but all the medical staff I have access to are very pleased where I'm at now....went for my first walk outside around the yard yesterday...found out big time that walking with heavy winter boots & cloths on is much more taxing that 20 minutes of laps around the house with jammies on.LOL
Don’t be distressed! The hospitality you and your wife treat me with is first class!

Good to hear the progress, hopefully the snow is gone soon

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
@historicalarms & @Chicken lights.

There is a Cowboy Action Club near Chatham called "Trails End". I've never been either. But I have another friend who keeps bugging me to go and try it.

If you wanted to go Dave, I'd be interested in going with you. It wouldn't be like @historicalarms back forty, but who knows.

Chicken lights

@historicalarms & @Chicken lights.

There is a Cowboy Action Club near Chatham called "Trails End". I've never been either. But I have another friend who keeps bugging me to go and try it.

If you wanted to go Dave, I'd be interested in going with you. It wouldn't be like @historicalarms back forty, but who knows.
Trying to have me in the province on the right weekend will be the tricky part, but we can try!