JCDammeyer's 42 projects

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
I got an AliExpress delivery today. I had thought about making these myself but at $3.53 each (3 units included shipping) I couldn't resist and I wasn't in a big hurry.
1713744414206.png

What for? Well many years ago I bought two LED Tech Pro TP-128 floodlamps for camera and video work. But they were designed to mount onto the hot-shoe of the camera. Not a tripod. I did have one of these but the one side snapped and although it's now glued back with super glue who knows how long it would work. And I had only one.

1713744709940.png

Now with the new ones I can mount two LED lamps on the two cheap Vivitar tripods bought specifically for them. They run on six 1.5V AA batteries and I have 12 rechargable ones I can use from Misha's stuff. Also they take a 9V adapter so that's also an option.

1713744782516.png

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Very clever!
Thanks. Here's the pdf of the drawing. This was all done on April 6th and I really thought I'd end up making them but once I found them on AliExpress I realized I had enough projects on the go. Especially since my knurling, even in aluminum isn't the prettiest.

I've attached an Alibre Package file. I think Alibre ATOM can open that.

Attachments

• HotShoeClamp.pdf
    495 KB · Views: 1
  • HotShoeNut.pdf
    174.6 KB · Views: 2
  • HotShoeMount.zip
    735.7 KB · Views: 1