• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Shop Is your shop messy or spotless?

Shop

What does your shop look like?

• A total junk yard

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Organized Chaos

Votes: 38 48.1%
  • Well used but messy

Votes: 27 34.2%
  • Jam packed but room to move

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Not enough tools to be really messy yet

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Everything has a place & is in it

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • No clutter anywhere - nothing on surfaces

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Spotless - you can eat off the floor

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Showroom Shop

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PaulL

Technologist at Large
Premium Member
One of my favorite recent additions to my shop is "project bins". Each project gets a plastic tote containing all the pieces in process, from raw stock through to finished. This has done wonders for keeping my benches clear(er) and my project parts together, and the little bins stack and accept sharpie really well. Amazing what spending $30 at Industrial Plastics did for me.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
One of my favorite recent additions to my shop is "project bins". Each project gets a plastic tote containing all the pieces in process, from raw stock through to finished. This has done wonders for keeping my benches clear(er) and my project parts together, and the little bins stack and accept sharpie really well. Amazing what spending $30 at Industrial Plastics did for me.
princess auto is your friend in this regard. They have the perfect sized totes for most projects. Strong enough, just the right size to be easy enough to lift without getting hernia and yet large enough to hold everything.

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
That's what I do. There is one problem though. After a while you have 42 different plastic project boxes. :eek:
And now the AR3 Robot Arm is already too small and I need to upsize it. Can't even see the bearings under the connectors and switches. The 3D printed parts don't even fit in this one.
1678997103296.png

Tom O

Ultra Member
I say mines fine but my son says the opposite telling me he will clean it in the summer so it looks like I’ll be sleeping in the garage.