• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Is windows 10 good for CAD Prusa Slicer, and CNC?

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
It would take you ages to work through what to remove.
Bloatbox and Windows10Debloater are automated tools to get rid of spyware and bloatware in your new installation. Worth looking up. The one I use has fallen into disrepute, so I'm not mentioning it here. I use this imperfect tool and then spend an hour removing the rest...

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Personally I haven't had any issues with Win-10, but its a healthy hardware box & relatively new. Installs & de-installs have been pretty straightforward, But all apps are Win-10 compliant, no legacy stuff. I'm too deep into Win/MS apps to entertain other systems so not like I have much other experience there. Actually I never had issues with Win-7 either but upgrade to 10 was software driven.

gerritv

Gerrit
I fail to grasp what the point is in taking the risk of using 2+ year old unsupported apps to remove system and other things from a working machine. Ken is clearly new to this, why add to his risks of getting into a mess and having to start over? If his clean install (which already avoids the worst crap-ware, as in the junk installed by vendors such as HP, Acer et al) works fine then there is no need for this extra effort and likely confusion.
Most of this stuff sits on the disk not doing anything at all. Most of the other items might start and then promptly go to sleep, with their memory cached out.
And why on earth remove OneDrive?????