• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Images Not Displaying Today

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I'm getting a similar but different behaviour on my phone. I get an empty box. If I click on the title of the box, I get the image just fine. But normally, the image would fill the box without clicking on anything.

Screenshot_20211202-204514_Chrome.jpg

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Image attachments don't display for me either, but I can open the attachment to view it.

None of the embedded images are displaying for me.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Normally, all images display just fine. It's only today that I seem to be getting empty boxes with a "TITLE" (header or whatever you want to call it) that I can click to see what is there.

There doesn't seem to be any preference related to who posted it. All of them are gone.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Actually, I take that back. That photo of my Hartford that you just posted is there without me clicking on it!

Weird

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Wait, can someone link me a specific post with the issue. I am either not looking in the right spot, or not seeing the issue, probably the former.

ShawnR

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Yep, all good here in Ontario too.....thought you guys were hiding something....:D

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Wait, can someone link me a specific post with the issue. I am either not looking in the right spot, or not seeing the issue, probably the former.
Further up in this very thread there are other examples.

Tom O

Ultra Member
The other day it would show me the space for the pic that if I touched it using my iPad would bring it up in another window and when the window was closed the pic would remain on the page. Yesterday cruising ebay the page would shut down then reload quite a few times in a row so I wonder if Telus is having any problems.

Tom O

Ultra Member
Mind you in your travels looking into the pic problem for a long time now the iPad shows the following under the headings.
C48CF7C3-56B1-4D2A-A412-BAB2725F3854.png

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Okay, well, I am going to call the image one resolved, since I can't see it.

@Tom O , that Ipad thing is tricky to attempt to fix, as the website expands and contracts to fit any screensize. Less common screensizes sometimes have that sort of odd look, but to fix it for Ipad, it would break the site for other sizes (and I don't even know where to start, if I am being honest. haha)

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Okay, well, I am going to call the image one resolved, since I can't see it.

@Tom O , that Ipad thing is tricky to attempt to fix, as the website expands and contracts to fit any screensize. Less common screensizes sometimes have that sort of odd look, but to fix it for Ipad, it would break the site for other sizes (and I don't even know where to start, if I am being honest. haha)

My images seem to be working again.

I always used to find that most (but not all) autosizing resolution issues got resolved with a forum software update. Trying to resolve them yourself was usually pointless.

You could also try telling the members to get rid of their apples and get some decent hardware....... :p:D:eek: