Howdy from southern Alberta!

JustaDB

Ultra Member
Welcome from Vancouver Island.
The government doesn't call them hammers, they are "Multi Directional Impact Generators" and cost $800 buck a pop, or that's what they cost in 1989.
Thx, Mike. M-DIG's. Gonna hafta remember that.

Sooke, huh? Stayed at Sooke Campground & visited Sooke Brewery the last two summers. Our youngest & I hiked the JdF trail. Tough slog, but beautiful.

JustaDB

Ultra Member
Wanted to send out a great, big, fat thank you to @DPittman for welcoming me into his shop this afternoon. Stopped by for a 2-1/2 hour visit, introduced ourselves, chewed the fat, talked gear & equipment (drooled over his mill, lathe DRO, tailstock digital caliper), families, politics, etc., etc., etc. Good time!

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Wanted to send out a great, big, fat thank you to @DPittman for welcoming me into his shop this afternoon. Stopped by for a 2-1/2 hour visit, introduced ourselves, chewed the fat, talked gear & equipment (drooled over his mill, lathe DRO, tailstock digital caliper), families, politics, etc., etc., etc. Good time!
It was a pleasure! I look forward to another face to face session some day.

JustaDB

Ultra Member
Couple days back I got my one year warning.

Wanted to say thanks for a great first year to all the low-lifes, riff-raff, bloodsuckers, spenders-of-other-peoples-money and other assorted ne'er do wells on the site. You all suck. You know who you are. Yes, you, over there. And especially you, in the back corner... :p

I've had the pleasure of meeting a few folk, learned lots, got some hands-on, spent far more money than I could afford & look forward to much of the same this next year. I've made progress on my tooling & metrology, now I need to start sourcing the materials to start chewing away at my ever growing list of projects. As a partial list & in no particular order, VFD's for the lathe & mill, DRO's for the same, drawbar for the lathe, rear speaker grills for the Hawg, flycutter, possibly a boring head, stepper motor for the rotary table (really excited about that one!), tailstock extension for the lathe, drip oilers for the lathe, and on and on and on...

I especially want to thank those I have been in personal contact with, either in person, or via phone, text or email. The information & insight you have shared has been particularly helpful.

Thx again, & look forward to the next year.