• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Howdy from southern Alberta!

JustaDB

Ultra Member
Welcome from Vancouver Island.
The government doesn't call them hammers, they are "Multi Directional Impact Generators" and cost $800 buck a pop, or that's what they cost in 1989.
Thx, Mike. M-DIG's. Gonna hafta remember that.

Sooke, huh? Stayed at Sooke Campground & visited Sooke Brewery the last two summers. Our youngest & I hiked the JdF trail. Tough slog, but beautiful.

JustaDB

Ultra Member
Wanted to send out a great, big, fat thank you to @DPittman for welcoming me into his shop this afternoon. Stopped by for a 2-1/2 hour visit, introduced ourselves, chewed the fat, talked gear & equipment (drooled over his mill, lathe DRO, tailstock digital caliper), families, politics, etc., etc., etc. Good time!

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Wanted to send out a great, big, fat thank you to @DPittman for welcoming me into his shop this afternoon. Stopped by for a 2-1/2 hour visit, introduced ourselves, chewed the fat, talked gear & equipment (drooled over his mill, lathe DRO, tailstock digital caliper), families, politics, etc., etc., etc. Good time!
It was a pleasure! I look forward to another face to face session some day.

JustaDB

Ultra Member
Couple days back I got my one year warning.

Wanted to say thanks for a great first year to all the low-lifes, riff-raff, bloodsuckers, spenders-of-other-peoples-money and other assorted ne'er do wells on the site. You all suck. You know who you are. Yes, you, over there. And especially you, in the back corner... :p

I've had the pleasure of meeting a few folk, learned lots, got some hands-on, spent far more money than I could afford & look forward to much of the same this next year. I've made progress on my tooling & metrology, now I need to start sourcing the materials to start chewing away at my ever growing list of projects. As a partial list & in no particular order, VFD's for the lathe & mill, DRO's for the same, drawbar for the lathe, rear speaker grills for the Hawg, flycutter, possibly a boring head, stepper motor for the rotary table (really excited about that one!), tailstock extension for the lathe, drip oilers for the lathe, and on and on and on...

I especially want to thank those I have been in personal contact with, either in person, or via phone, text or email. The information & insight you have shared has been particularly helpful.

Thx again, & look forward to the next year.