• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

How to upload images to your post.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Just realized I must have broken all of the image attachements trying to get this working. Restoring a backup of the files now.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Got a backup restored. For some reason a couple of the images are still MIA, like on page 1 of this thread... still investigating.

prmindartmouth

Read this, not helpful to new guy trying to learn how to add photos. (no doubt due to missing info)
Do not understand how photos on my computer get a url, which seems necessary.......
..do I have to host them somewhere like Dropbox first?

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Read this, not helpful to new guy trying to learn how to add photos. (no doubt due to missing info)
Do not understand how photos on my computer get a url, which seems necessary.......
..do I have to host them somewhere like Dropbox first?

Not at all,

I see the images in the original post were broken, sorry about that, I've added them back now.

See:
https://canadianhobbymetalworkers.com/threads/how-to-upload-images-to-your-post.160/#post-1515

Essentially, upload your image using this button:
upload-an-image.png

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
There does seem to be some differences - do you have an Attach Files button? Seems like we’re getting a site error on upload too.

Wally

Hi John,
I do have that button but when I use it I comes up with an error that says The attached files dont have a allowed extension or something like that. Might try and do it from my iPhone which is newer than my iPad.
Wally

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
All fixed up now!

Tied to a recent update to an old system installed in 2015 which broke file management. All working now!

Here's my dog as proof:

331_6218fd77b1511bcc55f44ba47fa166c1_thumb.jpg

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Woops, seems that image broke.... what the heck..

Man, this bug sucks. I think it's fixed now, should resolve in 10 mins or so.

Edit: Ok, seems good now, will check back shortly to see if this holds...

Attachments

• 330_7f05d4d7d4fb346bfd71073334f183ae.jpg
    330_7f05d4d7d4fb346bfd71073334f183ae.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: