• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Horizontal saw $600 - Victoria

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
The saw is mine and home!!

I will clean it up and post some pic’s.

Then to bug @Janger for some do’s and don’ts :)

Woooo Hoooo! Nice snag!

What you don't know yet is that a gravity field time warp swept over your shop the day you retired. You prolly don't have time anymore to clean it up.

I'll make you a deal. I'll trade you even for my King 5x6. It's already cleaned up and ready to go! Even has a brand new blade! ;)

Oh, my mistake. I forgot that I'm retired too!

On third thought, no problem. I like my stuff looking like I use it. So ya, I'll trade you even. But you have to do pick up and delivery. :D

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
On the don’t s I’ve got don’t use coolant as it makes such a mess.

I have always used a little dropper of cutting fluid for jobs like that. (my wife's empty cooking oil bottles work good) I'll never own flood cooling for anything I own. Too much mess, too hard to contain, too hard to clean up.

Brent H

Ultra Member
7F2AF54F-63BB-4DAB-A8F8-9360E0175567.jpeg D288D552-7063-4876-A8B5-ED89200D849E.jpeg
D5CAA2AD-E12A-49FF-98BC-FA779871A3F5.jpeg

Well, already not listening to @Janger -argh! - I cleaned the coolant tank and filled it with the blue cool mist coolant - not to messy. I do agree the soluable oil can be very messy -especially if there is lots of spray.

Cleaned up any remaining swarf and a few missing fasteners, couple electrical tightening. Changed out the gearbox oil and pressed play.

The saw cuts great and straight!! I just need to make a quick lock lever, and a cut stop. The 12” cut extension is there as well.

Now I have an old fashioned power hacksaw to sell and ???

Brent H

Ultra Member
Hey @Janger - my saw is used and had a few little things to fix/fit. The shop I got it from has a big conveyor set up and the stop was probably lost. The bolt is pretty tight in the securing hole so it may not have ever been used. It is a circa 2015 model - it was $850. It cuts very well and the vice lock is great!

What blades are you using?

Brent H

Ultra Member
@YYCHM I have a chop saw, a portable bandsaw on the stand (king porta-band) type thing, the old auto hack saw and then it was plasma or the torches - or worst case just mill it (a lot)

I have a bunch of projects planned for thicker materials and some larger rounds of steel (like your face plate type thing) that would be hard to cut. I also have a few other steel projects to tackle that the other methods are a bit more impractical to use.

The bigger saw should also allow me to pick up on some of the barn find steel I couldn’t because I had no way to reasonably cut it to size.