Horizontal saw $600 - Victoria

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
The saw is mine and home!!

I will clean it up and post some pic’s.

Then to bug @Janger for some do’s and don’ts :)

Woooo Hoooo! Nice snag!

What you don't know yet is that a gravity field time warp swept over your shop the day you retired. You prolly don't have time anymore to clean it up.

I'll make you a deal. I'll trade you even for my King 5x6. It's already cleaned up and ready to go! Even has a brand new blade! ;)

Oh, my mistake. I forgot that I'm retired too!

On third thought, no problem. I like my stuff looking like I use it. So ya, I'll trade you even. But you have to do pick up and delivery. :D

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
On the don’t s I’ve got don’t use coolant as it makes such a mess.

I have always used a little dropper of cutting fluid for jobs like that. (my wife's empty cooking oil bottles work good) I'll never own flood cooling for anything I own. Too much mess, too hard to contain, too hard to clean up.

Brent H

Ultra Member
7F2AF54F-63BB-4DAB-A8F8-9360E0175567.jpeg D288D552-7063-4876-A8B5-ED89200D849E.jpeg
D5CAA2AD-E12A-49FF-98BC-FA779871A3F5.jpeg

Well, already not listening to @Janger -argh! - I cleaned the coolant tank and filled it with the blue cool mist coolant - not to messy. I do agree the soluable oil can be very messy -especially if there is lots of spray.

Cleaned up any remaining swarf and a few missing fasteners, couple electrical tightening. Changed out the gearbox oil and pressed play.

The saw cuts great and straight!! I just need to make a quick lock lever, and a cut stop. The 12” cut extension is there as well.

Now I have an old fashioned power hacksaw to sell and ???

Brent H

Ultra Member
Hey @Janger - my saw is used and had a few little things to fix/fit. The shop I got it from has a big conveyor set up and the stop was probably lost. The bolt is pretty tight in the securing hole so it may not have ever been used. It is a circa 2015 model - it was $850. It cuts very well and the vice lock is great!

What blades are you using?

Brent H

Ultra Member
@YYCHM I have a chop saw, a portable bandsaw on the stand (king porta-band) type thing, the old auto hack saw and then it was plasma or the torches - or worst case just mill it (a lot)

I have a bunch of projects planned for thicker materials and some larger rounds of steel (like your face plate type thing) that would be hard to cut. I also have a few other steel projects to tackle that the other methods are a bit more impractical to use.

The bigger saw should also allow me to pick up on some of the barn find steel I couldn’t because I had no way to reasonably cut it to size.