• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Hobby machine shop for sale, $19,999, Norfolk County, ON

trlvn

Ultra Member
Decent collection of tools.

Iit has been almost 2 weeks since he offered the shop for sale for $19,999. So, now, the price on both Kijiji and Fecebook Marketplace is...$29,999!! I know there has been a bit of inflation, but 50% in a fortnight?!? ;)

On FBM, seller says:
This is a complete hobby machine shop 13” x 24” geared head lathe make Kerry full tooled 6” x25” vertical mill Clausing, full tooled index head , rotary table and tooling galore 6” x25” horizontal mill , fully tooled Rockwell Horizontal vertical band saw off shore Delta drill press Bench grinder Arbour press. Machinist tools and box’s Drills taper straight shank Taps imperial/ metric Too much to list NOTE I AM NOT SELLING SEPARATELY, IF YOU ASK YOU WILL NOT GET A REPLY. THERES NOTHING YOU CANT DO IN MY SHOP . I CAN HELP LOAD AT MY END .

The seller has quite a few other for sale listings (24 on Kijiji). Mostly metalworking and motorcycle stuff. Also ads offering to make custom spur gears. And ads wanting to buy metal lathes. So very odd.

Craig

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Something very fishy is going on with this deal. Seller could be some kind of a flipper - which would explain the high price. Multiple red flags, such as refusing to provide more images.

Jswain

Joe
Something very fishy is going on with this deal. Seller could be some kind of a flipper - which would explain the high price. Multiple red flags, such as refusing to provide more images.
Maybe it's his weird way of generating business for himself.

Very strange tho, but he has a tonne of ads for a lot of different things definitely a rebuilder

Or maybe it's the "honey I'm trying my best to sell it but no interest" price lol