Hi from Kitchener, ON

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Cool stuff - John.
I looked after a lot of casting and machining when I was a project manager at Big O Machinery.
They were acquired by ARMTEC back in 1997.

I have not flown for 25 years, but I run across quite a few owner-pilots in the Kitchener Waterloo Recreational Aircraft Association.
Send me you Cell #.
The next time I am nearby, I will call and try to stop in.

Oldarm

John
Cool stuff - John.
I looked after a lot of casting and machining when I was a project manager at Big O Machinery.
They were acquired by ARMTEC back in 1997.

I have not flown for 25 years, but I run across quite a few owner-pilots in the Kitchener Waterloo Recreational Aircraft Association.
Send me you Cell #.
The next time I am nearby, I will call and try to stop in.

Oldarm

John
My Cell is 905-783-4769. Ordinarily, if you can remember that far back, it would have been a pleasure to welcome you into my shell hole for a natter. However as things stand right now and having a rather poorly and vulnerable wife too, I am erring on the side of caution as far as interactions. Once this thing is behind us it will be a pleasure to meet up with you. I have no schedules so the playbook is completely open.
It may be that you are familiar with a very close friend and pilot of mine from Kitchener, Ed Das? I'm not too sure where he flies from though.
John.

LenVW

Premium Member
Yes, I must respect Covid-19 rules, so, it may be a couple months until I get back to you.
I understand you concern, my mother is in her 90’s.
Thanks for the Cell #.

I used to work with Brampton Engineering, which is at Dixie Road and Steeles Ave, on several process lines and product extrusion dies.

I do not know Ed Das, but we are having another on-line meeting this Thursday night.
I will ask around. If I hear of anything, I will let you know !!

Oldarm

John
Yes, I must respect Covid-19 rules, so, it may be a couple months until I get back to you.
I understand you concern, my mother is in her 90’s.
Thanks for the Cell #.

I used to work with Brampton Engineering, which is at Dixie Road and Steeles Ave, on several process lines and product extrusion dies.

I do not know Ed Das, but we are having another on-line meeting this Thursday night.
I will ask around. If I hear of anything, I will let you know !!
Looking forward to the new "Normal". John.

LenVW

Premium Member
He doesn't visit or post very often.....
John has already contacted me.
I am within minutes of his place when I go into Brampton.
He has passed on his Cell# for when it is safe to meet.

ThirtyOneDriver

Johnathan (John)
Just joined to jump in on this thread - I have a Craftex CX611 (Seig SX3, Shop Fox M1111) in the south end of Cambridge (Dundas & Franklin ish) if you want to check out a Craftex before you buy.

... honestly, I could really use some "adult" guidance.

- Johnathan; "retired" military "fabricator"