• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Hi from Kitchener, ON

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Cool stuff - John.
I looked after a lot of casting and machining when I was a project manager at Big O Machinery.
They were acquired by ARMTEC back in 1997.

I have not flown for 25 years, but I run across quite a few owner-pilots in the Kitchener Waterloo Recreational Aircraft Association.
Send me you Cell #.
The next time I am nearby, I will call and try to stop in.

Oldarm

John
Cool stuff - John.
I looked after a lot of casting and machining when I was a project manager at Big O Machinery.
They were acquired by ARMTEC back in 1997.

I have not flown for 25 years, but I run across quite a few owner-pilots in the Kitchener Waterloo Recreational Aircraft Association.
Send me you Cell #.
The next time I am nearby, I will call and try to stop in.

Oldarm

John
My Cell is 905-783-4769. Ordinarily, if you can remember that far back, it would have been a pleasure to welcome you into my shell hole for a natter. However as things stand right now and having a rather poorly and vulnerable wife too, I am erring on the side of caution as far as interactions. Once this thing is behind us it will be a pleasure to meet up with you. I have no schedules so the playbook is completely open.
It may be that you are familiar with a very close friend and pilot of mine from Kitchener, Ed Das? I'm not too sure where he flies from though.
John.

LenVW

Premium Member
Yes, I must respect Covid-19 rules, so, it may be a couple months until I get back to you.
I understand you concern, my mother is in her 90’s.
Thanks for the Cell #.

I used to work with Brampton Engineering, which is at Dixie Road and Steeles Ave, on several process lines and product extrusion dies.

I do not know Ed Das, but we are having another on-line meeting this Thursday night.
I will ask around. If I hear of anything, I will let you know !!

Oldarm

John
Yes, I must respect Covid-19 rules, so, it may be a couple months until I get back to you.
I understand you concern, my mother is in her 90’s.
Thanks for the Cell #.

I used to work with Brampton Engineering, which is at Dixie Road and Steeles Ave, on several process lines and product extrusion dies.

I do not know Ed Das, but we are having another on-line meeting this Thursday night.
I will ask around. If I hear of anything, I will let you know !!
Looking forward to the new "Normal". John.

LenVW

Premium Member
He doesn't visit or post very often.....
John has already contacted me.
I am within minutes of his place when I go into Brampton.
He has passed on his Cell# for when it is safe to meet.

ThirtyOneDriver

Johnathan (John)
Just joined to jump in on this thread - I have a Craftex CX611 (Seig SX3, Shop Fox M1111) in the south end of Cambridge (Dundas & Franklin ish) if you want to check out a Craftex before you buy.

... honestly, I could really use some "adult" guidance.

- Johnathan; "retired" military "fabricator"