• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Free 14x40 King Canada Lathe on Vancouver Island

mickeyf

Of course there is a catch. It’s 90% in pieces, but I do have all of them. I got this some years back and was going to disassemble, clean it up and rebuild it. Disassembled. Then I moved. Build a workshop. Moved again. Have spent the past more than a year doing home renovations. I have finally admitted to myself that I have more projects than I have lifetime left to do them, and this one is too far down the list. I do want the space, and I don’t want a potentially good machine to be scrapped.

I have parts diagrams etc. It needs a new crossfeed screw and nut (quite worn), and new spindle bearings. The bearings were serviceable when I got it but the inner ring which I did not remove has sat exposed in the headstock casting all this time and has some surface rust. The original 2 HP single phase motor that came with it got used for another machine, but I have a 3 HP 3 phase motor I can include for use with a VFD. It is on a very solid, if not pretty, home made stand, has several chucks and faceplate. 20 in gap, IIRC. My plan had been to make the crossfeed screw etc, but I believe these parts can also be obtained from King Canada.

Just North of Duncan.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Hmnn that's a project and price that screams my name! Unfortunately I am nowhere near your location. Good luck to whoever tackles this project.

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Of course there is a catch. It’s 90% in pieces, but I do have all of them. I got this some years back and was going to disassemble, clean it up and rebuild it. Disassembled. Then I moved. Build a workshop. Moved again. Have spent the past more than a year doing home renovations. I have finally admitted to myself that I have more projects than I have lifetime left to do them, and this one is too far down the list. I do want the space, and I don’t want a potentially good machine to be scrapped.

I have parts diagrams etc. It needs a new crossfeed screw and nut (quite worn), and new spindle bearings. The bearings were serviceable when I got it but the inner ring which I did not remove has sat exposed in the headstock casting all this time and has some surface rust. The original 2 HP single phase motor that came with it got used for another machine, but I have a 3 HP 3 phase motor I can include for use with a VFD. It is on a very solid, if not pretty, home made stand, has several chucks and faceplate. 20 in gap, IIRC. My plan had been to make the crossfeed screw etc, but I believe these parts can also be obtained from King Canada.

Just North of Duncan.
Dmed you