Free 14x40 King Canada Lathe on Vancouver Island

mickeyf

Of course there is a catch. It’s 90% in pieces, but I do have all of them. I got this some years back and was going to disassemble, clean it up and rebuild it. Disassembled. Then I moved. Build a workshop. Moved again. Have spent the past more than a year doing home renovations. I have finally admitted to myself that I have more projects than I have lifetime left to do them, and this one is too far down the list. I do want the space, and I don’t want a potentially good machine to be scrapped.

I have parts diagrams etc. It needs a new crossfeed screw and nut (quite worn), and new spindle bearings. The bearings were serviceable when I got it but the inner ring which I did not remove has sat exposed in the headstock casting all this time and has some surface rust. The original 2 HP single phase motor that came with it got used for another machine, but I have a 3 HP 3 phase motor I can include for use with a VFD. It is on a very solid, if not pretty, home made stand, has several chucks and faceplate. 20 in gap, IIRC. My plan had been to make the crossfeed screw etc, but I believe these parts can also be obtained from King Canada.

Just North of Duncan.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Hmnn that's a project and price that screams my name! Unfortunately I am nowhere near your location. Good luck to whoever tackles this project.

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Of course there is a catch. It’s 90% in pieces, but I do have all of them. I got this some years back and was going to disassemble, clean it up and rebuild it. Disassembled. Then I moved. Build a workshop. Moved again. Have spent the past more than a year doing home renovations. I have finally admitted to myself that I have more projects than I have lifetime left to do them, and this one is too far down the list. I do want the space, and I don’t want a potentially good machine to be scrapped.

I have parts diagrams etc. It needs a new crossfeed screw and nut (quite worn), and new spindle bearings. The bearings were serviceable when I got it but the inner ring which I did not remove has sat exposed in the headstock casting all this time and has some surface rust. The original 2 HP single phase motor that came with it got used for another machine, but I have a 3 HP 3 phase motor I can include for use with a VFD. It is on a very solid, if not pretty, home made stand, has several chucks and faceplate. 20 in gap, IIRC. My plan had been to make the crossfeed screw etc, but I believe these parts can also be obtained from King Canada.

Just North of Duncan.
Dmed you