• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Forum Change Log

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Update Colour Scheme, and added a simple text logo. Please let me know your thoughts!

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I think it should say Calgary plus Canada! Somewhere...

And can we ditch the birthday requirement for registration? I always lie, and I always wonder what the hell does anyone need that for. It's a security risk. You should never answer that.

It looks good! Amazingly quick setup!

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Sure, I can handle a Calgary reference, That makes sense to me!

I'll get it done now.

Do you think we should make publishing your location mandatory?

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Updated the text throughout the site to reflect Calgary more prominently. Going to leave the logo for now, but I hope we can get something more professional made anyways.

Mphenley

Premium Member
The "Home" button at the top of the forum tree still directs to sa-hobby-machinists.com, and login expires when the top level domain changes

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Thanks Mphenley, having some troubles with the domain stuff. Will leave it at sa-hobbymachinists.com for now. Probably best to focus on the smaller area anyways.

Mphenley

Premium Member
Changed the sa-hobby-machinists links to canadianhobbymetalworkers.com to reduce any confusion. Shouldn't affect site functionality, and sa-hobby-machinists should redirect to the canadianhobbymetalworkers forums anyways

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Good stuff. I switched it prematurely yesterday which caused some issues. Looks like the domains are resolving properly now.

In a few weeks I'll force redirect one domain to the other, no rush for now.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Added a simple Favicon, should show up in a few hours. (Was getting my browser tabs mixed up.)

Edit:
Switched Jquery libraries to be hosted by Google's CDN. (Should help keep things quick and smooth)

Optimized images in the theme to further decrease load time.

Last edited:

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Added Google Authentication functionality. (It's asking for access to circles, but doesn't actually post to them. Investigating how to remove that sharing, as I don't think it should be required, but do like Google login)

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Reworked user levels and trophies a bit.

You may have a new trophy for making your second post, even though that was awhile ago. Haha

The changes made make it easy to see if a user is making his very first post by virtue of a "brand new user" level. This should switch to "new user" after a second post is made.

Some testing still required but should be fine.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Updated image attachment settings.
Maximum filesize upload increased to 10MB.
Images are automatically resized down to no more than 1200X1000 px.

(Convenience to upload most images, disk space savings of auto resize.)