• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Enco 8.6 lathe - mill combo

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I'm pretty sure that is the same machine that Kozo Hiraoka built the vast majority of his locomotives from. He is kind of a legend in the live steam community. Very complex models, wrote several books, tireless enthusiast etc. I remember reading some interview with him with a few pics back in the 70's. His entire shop was very compact. What we would call an average 'closet' square footage wise and home was in a tall apartment building. https://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/Hiraoka.htm

Anyways... Apparently the Emcomats were pretty decent & accurate hobby machines. Although they must have still had to contend with the round column mill pillar. I've seen some people who have restored them to their former glory. Wonder what year that one is & who was using it for what.

Attachments

• SNAG-2-13-2019 0000.jpg
    SNAG-2-13-2019 0000.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 0