• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Email notifications not working

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Basically, for now it means you have to wait till the 12th, and then the $60 annual membership option will magically appear in the list.

I think I chose a monthly renewal at $5 a month. I might have chosen a higher number just because I love the forum and all you crusty members so much. When mine comes up again, I'll wait till it expires before renewing this time.

I think the best way to explain the situation is to say that you can't "UPGRADE" from 60 to 60 when you are already 60.....LOL.

But who knows, Josh might fix it before then.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Over the past year I've gone from email notifications which contained the posted content to email notifications with no content and after the last change now no email notifications at all.
I have turned all notifications off, saved, logged out and in again no difference.
I have cleared my browser cache, no difference.
Not sure what else I can try.

Is any one getting email notifications?

Larry_C9

Premium Member
I haven't got any emails since I joined almost a month ago.

Last edited:

Larry_C9

Premium Member
About a week ago I had a different problem possibly related to some of the posts earlier in this thread. Thought it was about time I donated because I am really enjoying this forum and there appears to be a great bunch of guys here. I put it through on Paypal. I looked like it went through but the page came back where it asks you to complete the purchase. I waited a while and didn't get the confirmation email from Paypal so I logged into and there was no entry there. There was a notification that I needed to upgrade my credit card information. after some time I discovered that it didn't like the PO box number in the credit card address which I have been using ever since I signed up. After trying a few different things I started a chat with a customer support rep. Back and forth for half a day or more then he finally told me there was a Canadian Government notification to the affect that you could not use a PO box number in a credit card address and they had to go by it.. This doesn't make sense because as far as I know Canada Post is a government agency and in some small towns the only way to get your mail is in PO box issued by the post office. About then he passed it all on the some team and said to wait about 72 hours and check it again. So now I am waiting and will try again maybe tomorrow.

curmudgeon

(Steve)
Over the past year I've gone from email notifications which contained the posted content to email notifications with no content and after the last change now no email notifications at all.
I have turned all notifications off, saved, logged out and in again no difference.

my most recent email notification with post content was on Feb 25
my most recent email notification was on April 10

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
This doesn't make sense because as far as I know Canada Post is a government agency and in some small towns the only way to get your mail is in PO box issued by the post office.

I had the same problem at my old house with PayPal Larry. I cheated.

I changed my address to read like this:

555 Timer Street Box Ninety Five, CityVille, Province, T8T-8T8

For some reason, PayPal was happy. But any associated credit cards had to be addressed the same way.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor

As of Tuesday I have not received any emails. I did everyday before Tuesday however. @jwest more info for you.

Larry_C9

Premium Member
Update on the Paypal issue. I had to call my credit card company this morning because my card had been put on hold because of the issue with Paypal. Got that sorted out then I asked the agent if there was any problem having a PO box number in your address for the card. She said no, so now I have to see if I can get Paypal sorted out without messing the card up again.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Here's an example of the odd email behaviour.
The first email about a post that was made at 12:45 so it's the expected timing.
The second and third were posts made yesterday at 2:59 and 3:01 respectively.
I checked my email trash and I had not previously received the send or third emails.
Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 1.00.46 PM.png