• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Email notifications not working

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Seems that since we had our crash email notifications are hit and miss. I turned them all on and on in my profile and that fixed them for a while but they seem to have stopped working again.

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
David,
I don’t get the E-mail notifications anymore either.

The January Crash has shaken a few things up.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Uh oh. That may mean people can’t register as a new member. @Jwest7788 can you please check whatever it is when you check this problem?

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I’ve got loads of notifications in my folder for this. Lots from today. Are they ending up in a junk filter David?

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Nada in the junk folder. I've whitelisted the site as I thought that might have been the problem.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Just some additional details:
I get email notifications for new posts in watched forums
I get email notifications for conversations started with me

I get some email notifications for posts on threads I've posted in

Edit: I just 'watched' all forums with alerts and email notifications turned on. I expect that will solve the problem.

Last edited:

LenVW

Premium Member
Here is a test of attaching files.
As per our conversation about attaching photos.

Attachments

• A763036C-390F-4D69-8C5B-CC4FD7EB7ED6.jpeg
    A763036C-390F-4D69-8C5B-CC4FD7EB7ED6.jpeg
    482 KB · Views: 4
  • 386BAD3E-47AA-4464-B192-F2F7E6AE4309.jpeg
    386BAD3E-47AA-4464-B192-F2F7E6AE4309.jpeg
    522.1 KB · Views: 4

LenVW

Premium Member
Apparently I can attach files through the main ’forum’, but not in PMs.

LenVW

Premium Member
You need to purchase a premium membership in order to attach files in PMs.
Thanks Craig.
My membership must have ran out, but my renewal date is in October.

Three of us have been trying for a few hours to figure out if the ‘attach files’ Icon disappeared because of the Jan.24 system CRASH.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I think it's there Craig. There are a lot of options. I did the monthly auto-renewing.

But your memory is vastly superior to mine. If you go through it and it really is gone, let me know and I'll raise it at our next admin meeting.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
I think it's there Craig. There are a lot of options. I did the monthly auto-renewing.

But your memory is vastly superior to mine. If you go through it and it really is gone, let me know and I'll raise it at our next admin meeting.

I don't have a problem with the monthly auto-renewing as long as it doesn't charge me CC $5 every month. When you select that option are you given the option to renew for x months up front?