• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

DavidR8's shop shenanigans

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Yup, the first one pretty much feels like a "we don't want this job" estimate.

Well, at $1600 I'll stop pushing you to look at other options. Might be a bit cheaper but not enough to make me want to further test the wrath of David.

Just git er dunn!

PaulL

Technologist at Large
Premium Member
That's immensely better. I found my old quote - $12k did my whole 2-car garage.
So your analysis of "we don't want the job" fits.
Paul

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I calculated the
That's immensely better. I found my old quote - $12k did my whole 2-car garage.
So your analysis of "we don't want the job" fits.
Paul
I calculated the area to be covered at 60 sq ft. $5000 for that is just complete insanity.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
If you consider that they need 500$ to arrive and set up and clean up, $1100 for the coverage isn't out of line. I was thinking at 1200$ here in Calgary, so it is in the ballpark.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
It seems to me matching texture can be a very difficult thing in stucco. Now I've only had two stucco jobs done but the fellow that did my garage tried to match my house and he commented that the finish was a bit of a personal flair/technique thing.
Yours looks very very good match, maybe there is more standard procedures nowadays.