DavidR8's shop shenanigans

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Interesting. Do you happen to know if that that particular screw type backplate can be removed with the perimeter screws & it turns into a plain back? Or does that back present itself to the scroll mechanism like some of the integrated chucks? Sorry maybe I am late to the party & this is what you were contemplating all along.

1681955397302.png

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Interesting. Do you happen to know if that that particular screw type backplate can be removed with the perimeter screws & it turns into a plain back? Or does that back present itself to the scroll mechanism like some of the integrated chucks? Sorry maybe I am late to the party & this is what you were contemplating all along.

View attachment 33779
It does come off so I guess yes?

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Same question about the Atlas 4-jaw. Does anyone happen to know if the backplate can be removed/replaced like Bison 3J?

1682013859436.png

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
@PeterT - here's the link to the original thread on these chucks.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Fixed the power cross feed tonight.
The key that runs in the keyway in the lead screw was missing.
Bought some 1/8” key stock and drilled a tiny hole in the end for a retaining pin to go in the hole in the bevel gear.
Works perfectly.
Interesting thing is that the cross feed rate is the same as the longitudinal feed. On my South Bend the cross feed rate was 2/3 of the longitudinal feed.
IMG_9123.jpeg
IMG_9158.jpeg
IMG_9159.jpeg

Larry_C9

Super User
Premium Member
Does it come with the power cross feed already mounted on the machine ?
It looks identical to the one I put on my CX601.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I dropped off my new motor and old drum switch at Bob's Electrics today so that he can wire in the drum switch. I had a solid college go at it but could not get it to make sense.
After seeing Bob puzzle over it for 20 mins on the bench I felt much better about my inability to puzzle it out.
Here's what I'm thinking about to lock on my chuck: