• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

DavidR8's shop shenanigans

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
After hearing nothing from the buyer of my machines since he read my message Tuesday morning I sent a message telling him that if I don't hear from him by Friday with a date and time I'm keeping the deposit and putting the machines back on the market.

Well glory be, he'll be here Friday after work.

little ol' e

Jus' a hobby guy
They are both sold. I wouldn't go mini, been there, done that. A 10x22 makes the most sense. Like the one Blondihacks has.

Never hurts to take a step back before taking that new next step forward. The world is changing very quickly these days.

I won't say too much here... Personally, I think you made a good choice when it comes to looking at smaller machining equipment for home hobby adventures.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Never hurts to take a step back before taking that new next step forward. The world is changing very quickly these days.

I won't say too much here... Personally, I think you made a good choice when it comes to looking at smaller machining equipment for home hobby adventures.
Thanks, I appreciate that.
I spent an hour or so last night clearing space so that the machines can be made ready at the overhead door.
They definitely take up a lot of space. Next machines will definitely be benchtop machines.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Thanks, I appreciate that.
I spent an hour or so last night clearing space so that the machines can be made ready at the overhead door.
They definitely take up a lot of space. Next machines will definitely be benchtop machines.

Did you sell your tooling, power feed and fancy head alignment jig with the mill?