• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

DavidR8's shop shenanigans

All boats below 25 feet require a paddle. Even if it is a sailboat, or has a motor. In the straight, it is not good practice to sail without a backup motor. If the tide is contrary, it can save your a**.
There’s one passage where in my Crown 34, flat out against the current I could only do 2 kts over the ground. 15 hp Yanmar pushing a 12x8 two blade prop. I definitely wished for more power Scotty that day.

Made some chips in the new shop :)
I need to put my wood lathe on a mobile base but because it’s nearly four feet long, any mobile base I found was too short.
But there were handy tapped holes in the bottoms of the cast iron legs. Dug through the scrap pile and found these pre-bent chunks of 1/4 aluminum. They came in a box of materials with all those machines I bought years back.
IMG_1645.jpeg
They were exactly the right height for the casters. Drilled a hole for the bolt to thread into the bottom of the leg and enlarged an existing hole for the caster.
IMG_1646.jpeg

Last edited:
Back