• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

DavidR8's shop shenanigans

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
That does seem kind of big but maybe there are other offerings. Most I've seen for smaller tables & dividing heads seem about 3/4 the diameter of RT? But maybe that's because they have different A,B,D plates with different hole layouts?

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Maybe off base but it kind of smells like they made it a common part for all 8-10-12-14" models but it just so happens to look big-ish relative to small RT.
Obviously it will have to overhang table, sometimes that's necessary anyways. But I would mock it up to see what you might be dealing with. Maybe it conflicts with table stops, DRO... whatever Or RT no longer plays nice with table T-slots etc. if its near the table end.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Maybe off base but it kind of smells like they made it a common part for all 8-10-12-14" models but it just so happens to look big-ish relative to small RT.
Obviously it will have to overhang table, sometimes that's necessary anyways. But I would mock it up to see what you might be dealing with. Maybe it conflicts with table stops, DRO... whatever Or RT no longer plays nice with table T-slots etc. if its near the table end.
I will set it up to see how it all works together as I am concerned that the plates are so bit that that will interfere with the Y axis etc.

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Every time I use my rotary table (no index wheels for it) I get ticked off because the hand wheel section is just a hair to big in diameter and so the whole table has to sit offset. Keep meaning to see if I can make a smaller diameter section or turn that down to make using it easier.

For anything that I have needed an indexing table my smaller 4" one is adequate and although I have the index plates a stepper motor on the end and some parameter changes to my ELS let's me index anything I want.