• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

DavidR8's shop shenanigans

jorogi

Oh come on guys, it's really simple, it is what DoAll bandsaws are for. New stuff going into the shop ? Straight onto the bandsaw table. Finished with that cut off tool holder ? Onto the bandsaw table. End mill, calipers, micromter, coffee cup, yup you guessed it, onto the bandsaw table. Tomorrow you are going to need to make a cut and voila, the stuff gets put away. Now do keep in mind some calibration may be required but you know you really wanted that bigger model saw anyway.

John

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Well my rotary table was supposed to be delivered today but the vendor said it's been lost. So after waiting from Nov 29 to today I'm starting from scratch. :mad:
On the plus side, had an excellent call with the architect yesterday. We're going for 22' x 36' outside dimensions, so 21' x 35' interior. And 9'8" ceiling height @YotaBota :)

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Well my rotary table was supposed to be delivered today but the vendor said it's been lost. So after waiting from Nov 29 to today I'm starting from scratch. :mad:
On the plus side, had an excellent call with the architect yesterday. We're going for 22' x 36' outside dimensions, so 21' x 35' interior. And 9'8" ceiling height @YotaBota :)
How does a vendor lose something heavy like a rotary table. Does the replacement one have the same price?

9'8" ceiling. So envious.....

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
How does a vendor lose something heavy like a rotary table. Does the replacement one have the same price?
I was suspicious about it since the tracking number I got wasn't on record with the carrier. The Amazon vendor (Chrome Engineering) was just terrible at responding so it took ages to determine that the package wasn't with the carrier. Then another week to get the replacement sent which was going to take another 10 days to get here.
I managed to find another for the same price from Vevor, whose delivery I trust (ironically)

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member

In my experience two ways.

1. Nobody wants to lift it so it gets shoved aside and never makes it to the truck.

2. It gets dropped and damaged and nobody want to take the blame so it conveniently gets lost.

Its been shipped to a Canadian address, clears customs, at which point it gets put out for delivery with a 3rd part hack courier (don't ask how I know).

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
David,
I have been impressed with VEVOR products.
X-Y Mill Table - Purch’d 2019
3” Milling Vise w/ Rotary Base - Purch’d 2020
and . . .
Both have good castings and are machined accurately.
* I used to spend 25% of my shop time completing inspection of Tool & Milling Machine parts when I was at Ex-Cell-O. In the last 15 years I have managed about $500k in
Sand-cast products that required machining and post cast processes *

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
You gunna keep the bed up there after you complete the wood shop in the middle? I assume the first room that is shown as a kitchen will retain the exhaust hood and be used for curing epoxies, mixing toxic stuff, cleaning, and painting.