• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

DavidR8's shop shenanigans

So... Finally... CONGRATS!!!!

The magic unicorn made of unobtainium - an inexpensive quality lathe, working well, without herculean effort to get it running. Well done!
Thanks John, could not have done it without everyone here!

And for my final project of the day, I machined the back plate for the 4-jaw.
Took some doing as the register that was on it was about 7” in diameter vs the 3.125” of the new chuck. Did it in two passes; the first to establish the size of the register and the second pass to face the full diameter of the backplate up the the new register diameter.
image.jpg

Now that I have the lathe up and running I've got a few projects to knock out.
In no particular order:
- 32 and 40 tooth change gears for the Clausing sold to @Tharm
- couple of shop related gifts
- slow speed carbide grinder a la Stefan Gotteswinter

Does it ever stop raining they say it’s a atmospheric river but I haven’t seen any fish yet.
My Sister and I got here on Saturday, her from Prince Rupert me from Calgary and were told Mom only had days left and not eating so we bought our tickets, on the way we are told she ate half her lunch so good news. So this trip is for family and relatives of the Osselton/Jewsbury Clan in the area.
We’re heading home tomorrow so I’ll say Hi next trip out.

Back