• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Craftex CX601 Spindle Control

lucsimoneau

OK, here's the overall look of my machine

IMG_1140.jpg

Here's the modified spindle drive using a timing belt/pulleys

IMG_1139.jpg

And here's the KBSI-240D installed in the bottom of the cabinet with the Acorn board.

IMG_1138.jpg

Thanks again for the input ... now back to regular scheduling :)

lucsimoneau

Since I'm on a roll, do you guys think it's possible to hook up the direction controls to Acorn via the relays (M03/M04)?
Here's information from Franco's Youtube video on his PM-728 machine:

1677336097260.png

Was wondering if leads to magnetic switch could be connected to the relays.

Thanks !

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
Since I'm on a roll, do you guys think it's possible to hook up the direction controls to Acorn via the relays (M03/M04)?
Here's information from Franco's Youtube video on his PM-728 machine:

View attachment 31265

Was wondering if leads to magnetic switch could be connected to the relays.

Thanks !
<possible>

Can you get us the specific model of the KBIC controller board? There’s usually a label on the back of the heat sink. Some of the KBIC boards can survive open armature circuits, some go up in smoke.

It is possible using an interlock relay that cuts power to the KBIC board when changing direction, that’s what was done in the original factory configuration on my BB CT129

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Speed control only from Acorn would be fine. I don't think you'd miss the manual controls - and if so perhaps a pendant is in your future? I did not buy a pendant as it is a bit pricey from centroid - instead I bought this weird USB puck thing. I'm using it for manually moving the axis around.

View attachment 30990
I have one for my CNC router running MACH3. I really like it.