• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Sticky Cool, I scored us a KMS Tools Group account.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Hey Everyone,

I've setup a group account at KMS tools for us.

Here are the highlights, but see the attachment for full details:
  • By being part of the group, you save up to 30% on your purchases at KMS tools
  • Next time you checkout let the employee at the till know that you want to be part of the Canadian Hobby Metal Workers Group Rewards account
  • Once associated to your normal KMS account, I'm under the impression that it's automatically associated to your account moving forward
  • The group account itself gets ~2% of that 30% savings in the form of a credit for future stuff
The attached can be filled out and brought in to sign into the group, or just let the checkout person know.

I figure the up to 30% off alone is worth it, but the 2% can go towards future group projects too.

JW

July 2018 Edit:
Fill in this form to have the group benefits added to your account!

https://goo.gl/forms/PSNpTn70vVrPjKw43

Last edited:

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
That's a big score, way to go. So the 'let them know' routine, is that a 1-time deal to associate your name to CHMW which is already in their system? And thereafter what, they just reference you by name for subsequent purchases or give you a card or something?

** sorry I completely missed the attachment in prior post **

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
One time deal. After that when you make a purchase they simply ask of you want it on the group rewards account.

It's based on the phone number you provide, they associate the number as being part of the group.

Also, they specifically said we can share access to the group with whomever we want to, so feel free to share outside of the forum if anyone's interested.

Last edited:

schor

That's great news, I will love getting 30% off every time I shop. Thanks very much for doing this.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
That's what I'm curious about. How does one determine the savings on any particular item? Have you guys seen 'group rewards' type pricing stickers alongside regular prices at the store? Or are the discounts offered by email type promos on select items? - ie. they say "up to 30%". Don't get me wrong, savings is savings & also helps this org, just doubtful they will take $900 off a $3000 welder because you registered your name & charge full price to a regular walk-in customer?

In addition to earning Rewards with every purchase, each Club member will also SAVE up to 30% on their purchases, as well as have exclusive access to contests, events and promotions throughout the year!

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Yeah, not totally sure how that works.

I'll email the rep I signed up with and ask for more details!

Sent from my iPhone.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
KMS Contact said:
Great questions.

Pretty much every item in the store has a KMS Club price, usually between 10-30% off. Hand tools generally have the largest discounts.

The club pricing comes up automatically when you give your name or number at the checkout.

No rules limiting who can join your group! Anyone and everyone can earn Rewards for [your group] with their consent.

Have a great weekend!

Lori Pridham
KMS Tools & C.A.R Parts

110 Woolridge Street
Coquitlam, BC V3K 5V4
www.kmstools.com

Last edited:

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
I went to KMS yesterday to pick up a large masonary bit. I asked for the Canadianhobbymetalworkers discount and they helped me out big time. The bit was $84 before tax and i only paid $72 after tax. Sweet deal for sure. That place is awsome. img20160622_154105.jpg

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I went to KMS yesterday to pick up a large masonary bit. I asked for the Canadianhobbymetalworkers discount and they helped me out big time. The bit was $84 before tax and i only paid $72 after tax. Sweet deal for sure. That place is awsome.View attachment 828
Did you go to the commercial counter? I've tried that at the regular till and they had no idea. Said the commercial desk was closed. It was Saturday.

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
It's worked for me at the regular till, never been to the commercial counter.

Sent from my iPhone.

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
I was at the regular counter. At first they didnt know what to do. Then I explained we have a cash only account and the name of the company is Canadianhobbymetalworkers. That should be enough for them to go on next time.

Hruul

Lee - metalworking novice
Is this discount applicable to online orders as well or just in person at the store? Thanks in advance.

Toyguru

This is very cool! I see they have a sale on next weekend, but I have to work and can't go, so I will fill out the form and take with me today on my quest for welding gas.
Thanks for doing this!

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I don’t think they will give any further discounts on gas but please report back. Kms is still the best price for gas for non industrial customers that I know of.

Toyguru

I don’t think they will give any further discounts on gas but please report back. Kms is still the best price for gas for non industrial customers that I know of.
You are correct about the gas, but I got 30% off a small bottle of acetylene that I bought. Apparently, the form has to be sent to head office, but they gave me the discount anyway

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Yeah, I've been getting feedback about this issue, and will have a new system in place for KMS before long!

JW

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I wonder if a KBC discount could be had? Or Thomas skinner? Anybody have any contacts?