• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Colchester Master 2500 DRO installation

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
The DRO display works great

BUT they could cheat and read over a period of time and then display a value averaged over a long time period so the number is stable

Why is that cheating?

The only issue with that method in my mind is response time to changes. But that can be handled by looking for a consistent change in direction (faster or slower) and a corresponding variable update time.

Refresh my memory, are both systems using the same magnets but different read heads? Can you swap them? Might not be the algorithm.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Why is that cheating?

The only issue with that method in my mind is response time to changes. But that can be handled by looking for a consistent change in direction (faster or slower) and a corresponding variable update time.

Refresh my memory, are both systems using the same magnets but different read heads? Can you swap them? Might not be the algorithm.
same magnet array two different sensors.

The sensors have different terminations so I can't swap them out to test.

I guess cheating is the wrong word in this application. The speeds are static so response time is not a huge deal.

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
342211406_1945737432445971_2504933918884395183_n.jpg

This is @TorontoBuilder dream factory... I wish for one also.. but have not the hydro to run it.