• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Clausing Lathe Free Victoria, BC

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Chiggers are a lot like poison ivy that doesn't spread. They are tiny little red spiders that bite your ankles and legs causing a severely itchy rash. The more you scratch the worse it gets. You can usually tell the difference because you can spread poison ivy by scratching it, but not chiggers. Chiggers are more like mosquito bites. You scratch them till they ooze but they don't spread. Poison ivy will sprout new welts on the scratch marks so it ends up looking like lines of infection wherever you scratch.

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
I was there and I didn't get any pictures. The owner (old) was there with the bobcat wanting to get it out of the yard and Tom's phone was in my truck getting charged, so I guess it's my fault. Tom said he'd take pictures getting it out of the trailer.

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Travelled safely back to Campbell River.

I unloaded the bench on my own, and thankfully my brother was here to help unload the lathe. That sucker has some kind of heavy metal under the paint!

It was actually easier to put it out of the trailer and back onto the bench.

(At this point my brother went back into the house and told me to call him if I needed a hand. I just asked for a bit of help getting the planks out at the end)
IMG_1393 2.JPG

Fastened it down and the jacked it up and put planks under it so I could use pipes to roll it into the garage. I love pipes. The Egyptians had the right idea. Even a little guy like me can move a lot with pipes under it.

IMG_1394 2.JPG

Rolled it into the shop. I should have had the guy I got it from measure it first, but I didn't want to be a bother given the price. The workbench is a lot wider than I imagined. Just barely got it between the other two lathes. I thought there would be clearance for me between the milling machine and my lathe and the new lathe.

I'm screwed.

IMG_1395 2.JPG

Then got everything cleaned up and the tools of the day put away.

I'm going to beg forgiveness. My Dad has been with us for the winter, and after a few bad months my brother is also out and we spend the evening talking about what Dad will be doing for living arrangements and what supports we would recommend. Then shower and now he's in bed.

Perfect answer!

If I can just get down to a 18" waistline all will work out.

Or I could sell our second car and take over the other half of the garage.

PS: I'm glad I didn't buy that 6" joiner plane that as such a great deal.

I think I still see some space on the ceiling...... :rolleyes:
..... actually, if you had picked up the jointer planer you would have solved the problem... Campbell River isn't that big, sell the second car, the grocery store can't be much more than a mile away.....:rolleyes: