• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Clausing Lathe Free Victoria, BC

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
The one on the West Shore parkway has crap for parking, especially with a trailer.

@Tomc938 - I think your easiest route will be to turn right on Veterans Memorial Parkway and then go right on Kelly rd and Timmies will be on your right at Jacklyn rd. There's a mall entrance from Jacklyn just at the ESSO station.

I know for those INDY car fans right turns are a foreign concept but you'll just have to live with it for this one. lol

jorogi

I don't know guys, perhaps instead of coffee it should be a lynching. If I recall correctly it was only a couple of weeks ago, Tom was libelously accusing us south islanders of getting all the good deals. Yet here he comes again to poach another free lathe from our sovereign territory. A mere 5 or six weeks after his last foray. The shear gall of it. :p

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
I'm actually happier with that location as I was going to head out to Princess Auto on Saturday to pick up their on sale tractor pulled garden roller.

Our lawn is really bumpy this year from all the frost etc. But I'm unsure whether it's a good idea or not. Filled with water it will come in at 285 lbs. Maybe just using a manual one instead (lighter) and doing it by hand is a better way?

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I don't know guys, perhaps instead of coffee it should be a lynching. If I recall correctly it was only a couple of weeks ago, Tom was libelously accusing us south islanders of getting all the good deals. Yet here he comes again to poach another free lathe from our sovereign territory. A mere 5 or six weeks after his last foray. The shear gall of it. :p
I can't make coffee....something has come up. I call it my survival instinct. ;o)

Now I know how @DavidR8 feels. ;)gear box.

In all fairness, the first lathe came in 22 boxes and 145 pieces. It'll be fun, but also a significant project. Again, I am SO THANKFUL be decided not to take apart the QC gearbox. That woudl have added 267 pieces.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I can't make coffee....something has come up. I call it my survival instinct. ;o)

Now I know how @DavidR8 feels. ;)gear box.

In all fairness, the first lathe came in 22 boxes and 145 pieces. It'll be fun, but also a significant project. Again, I am SO THANKFUL be decided not to take apart the QC gearbox. That woudl have added 267 pieces.
See you Saturday morning Tom :)

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Our lawn is really bumpy this year from all the frost etc. But I'm unsure whether it's a good idea or not. Filled with water it will come in at 285 lbs. Maybe just using a manual one instead (lighter) and doing it by hand is a better way?

When lawn rolling worm and frost bumps, there is no substitute for weight. Can you find one made of lead?

Get the big one.

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
I'm actually happier with that location as I was going to head out to Princess Auto on Saturday to pick up their on sale tractor pulled garden roller.

Doing it by foot would be even easier:D Assuming a 2 inch wide contact area, your filled roller would give about 4.5 psi.
A 200 lb man standing on one foot would give about 5.4 psi and you'd even gain a bit more by holding the bag full of loonies you'd have saved.
Now if you're thinking long term commitment and fill it with concrete, you'd get about 13 psi.
Personally, I'd just stop mowing and tell the neighbours you're "naturalizing" it.