• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Cheap big lathe couldn't say no :(

it was just chance that i got that job, stuff like that doest come up often, so i try to jump on it when its available.

lots of ironworkers that can handle 4 or 5 stories, but by the number of guys they went through to find the 3 of us (and from how i was told it went at the bow tower), not many guys can work at 60+ stories, the outcome of a fall is really the same in either case, so what difference does it make.

here is another one

62481885_10161796827315058_1020618614761324544_n.jpg

My thoughts on climbing and high places is that somebody has to be able to call 911,....that is going to be ME.

Calling 911 is a very high stress high pay activity. I'll offer to hold the phone for you.

A fellow came to change the antenna at the top of my 50ft internet radio tower. He got half way up, and I puked just watching him.

If it were me, I'd freeze solid as a rock about 10 ft up. They would need the Jaws of Life to pry my fingers loose.

I think it's a tall guy syndrome. The taller you are, the more falling hurts. So you learn to be afraid of heights.

I hoisted my nephew to the top of my sailboat mast (about 45ft off the deck) to change some sheaves and lightbulbs. He's and experienced climber and didn't bat an eye.
No way would I ever do that. I won't even jump off a high diving board.

A fellow came to change the antenna at the top of my 50ft internet radio tower. He got half way up, and I puked just watching him.
Even in rope rescue, only one or 2 people are exposed to any fall risk.

However caving needs a strong stomach to do the deeper pits. 300ft is my biggest one. One day I hope to do 'top of the world', about 1,100+ ft pit in B.C.

Even in rope rescue, only one or 2 people are exposed to any fall risk.

However caving needs a strong stomach to do the deeper pits. 300ft is my biggest one. One day I hope to do 'top of the world', about 1,100+ ft pit in B.C.
I've been through a good portion of Gargantua in the Crowsnest Pass. Managed to get 576 feet below the mouth of the cave. Three pitches, the longest being the first, 56'.

I've been through a good portion of Gargantua in the Crowsnest Pass. Managed to get 576 feet below the mouth of the cave. Three pitches, the longest being the first, 56'.
Hmnn I think I'd take scary high places before I'd be willing to go into deep cramped holes. My God I'm going to have nightmares tonight just mentioning this two things.:eek:

Back