• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Carriage Stop w/indicator

thestelster

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Hey @thestelster! I was tidying up a bit and spotted this!

View attachment 31939

I knew I'd seen something like your screw Knob before! This one is a bit different from yours and might be easier to make because the chamfer doesn't need to meet any other machining edges.

Ya, I know this one has some machining marks on it. It came that way.....

By the way, this particular adjustment screw is really cool in some not so obvious ways.

It's the rear height adjustment on my competition shooting rest.

If you look closely, you might notice that is has a double lead thread on it. This provides a much faster movement for large adjustments.

What you can't see is a second thread internal to the screw with a very fine single lead thread. The combination provides both course and fine height adjustments at the range. It is a really cool idea.
Very cool. I made a 4-start thread, internal and external, for a project long time ago. It took me a lot of scrounging to find how to do it. But once I did it was a piece of cake.