nice!!












I was hoping to show the whole assembly but my cousin was so excited about how things turned out that it was all packed up and off to mount on his boat when I went to get a pop - LOL.


I have a spool gun for my welder. As this was pretty thick stuff I had it cranked up to 180 amps, argon gas and 0.030 Al Super Glaze 4043
Squatch, you need to get a welding robot, and rotary positioner. Lean into your Computer/programming knowledge, and remove the variables.....Some of the smaller robotic arms would be perfect for this.

I think if have to make 50 of the same widgets I’d like CNC.Today I want to be as far away from Robotics and CNC as I can get.






I like having the SB 5C collet holder. The thread guard screws on. Then the adapter goes into the taper and then the collet. Doesn't stick out nearly as far as the chuck or even the face plate.Nice work @Brent H
I'm thinking about doing the same thing but with a shop made adapter for 5C collets.
Like this:

I've got a lovely chunk of 4140 all ready to go 🙂I like having the SB 5C collet holder. The thread guard screws on. Then the adapter goes into the taper and then the collet. Doesn't stick out nearly as far as the chuck or even the face plate.
View attachment 64407
I've got a lovely chunk of 4140 all ready to go 🙂