• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Balloon in the sky with diamonds ?

Tom O

Ultra Member
329775995_574679194275536_8482661183457625070_n.png
I know Goose but I did it inverted!

StevSmar

(Steven)
Premium Member
Sadly, it appears the defence budgets of many countries will be increasing to counter perceived threats.

And who said balloons were all hot air.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
That makes me think about those ads in the back of the comic books for weather balloons.
Ya and I still want pretty much all those things that were advertised.... x ray specs, spy camera, build your own submarine, and transform my scrawny kid body into a Charles Atlas look alike.

I don't want the sea monkeys tho....I had them and all they did was make murky, stinky water that my father dumped down the drain.

That is one of the long standing projects on my to do list! Sending such a balloon into the stratosphere where the sky turns black! I wanted to build a payload with a GoPro camera and some temperature and pressure sensors with data recording capabilities and a location transmitter for recovery purposes. Never got around to it. I suppose if I tried now it would get shot down!!!

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
That is one of the long standing projects on my to do list! Sending such a balloon into the stratosphere where the sky turns black! I wanted to build a payload with a GoPro camera and some temperature and pressure sensors with data recording capabilities and a location transmitter for recovery purposes. Never got around to it. I suppose if I tried now it would get shot down!!!
put an old fashioned TV antenna on the bottom... Make it look like a spy balloon.. All about the payload.