• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Are wives (or husbands...) that bad?

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
what’s an 8-track? :p

kidding

I miss rotary phones and I’m a youngster

I DO NOT MISS ROTARY PHONES. And I'm no youngster. I clearly remember crank phones and party lines. Two long and one short etc.

I think touch tone digital is the only way to go.

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
I DO NOT MISS ROTARY PHONES. And I'm no youngster. I clearly remember crank phones and party lines. Two long and one short etc.

I think touch tone digital is the only way to go.
You slam a rotary phone down to hang up on someone WWWWWAAAAAYYYYY more satisfying than just hitting a button on a phone :D

That and you couldn’t kill one if you tried, those suckers were beefy

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
First phone i remember was the old sucker attached to the wall, burnt spots on the wall above it at the bells where lightning fried a little paint. o_O Couldn't chuck that phone across the room when somebody pi**ed you off.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
You slam a rotary phone down to hang up on someone WWWWWAAAAAYYYYY more satisfying than just hitting a button on a phone :D

That and you couldn’t kill one if you tried, those suckers were beefy

OK, you got me on that one! Too funny! I do remember doing that!

Ya, somehow or another smashing a smart phone to smitherines to hang up is a double edged sword. Feels great to do it till you realize what it's gunna cost you.....

Here is the original phone from the farm where I was born. My dad got it when the new phones were installed. I have it now. Just need to find the right wall to put it on. Note the ledge for taking notes and the original sheathed speaker wire. I can still see the women all gathered around it listening to the latest gossip on the party line about who was doin who in their hay mow.

20220301_070440.jpg

Tom O

Ultra Member
You could never pocket dial on a rotary phone, and call display put a end to the harmless prank calls…. One time Dad ran up the stairs stubbing his toe only to find the caller was hooked on Nalley’s potato chips they talked for a while about treatment for this poor chap.